Standard Wireless Setup Instructions
System requirements: Linux, Mac, Windows
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) has installed wireless network access points in academic buildings across campus. These wireless access points allow 802.11a/g/n devices to connect to the UT Arlington campus network for Internet access. Please contact the Help Desk if you experience any problems, no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
How to Use:
UTA Web Login
- Open your available wireless connections window and connect to the ‘UTA Web Login’ network.
- When asked for a password for the UTA Web Login network, enter “UTAsecret”. You should only have to enter this password the first time you connect to Web Login.
- Open a web browser. If the login screen for Web Login doesn’t come up at first, attempt to browse to another website and your browser should be redirected to it. If a security warning comes up in your browser, choose the option to continue anyway and the Web Login screen should come up.
- At the Web Login screen, enter your NetID and password. If your username and password are accepted you’ll be redirected to the OIT Online Terms of Service page. You may browse to any other website after being taken to this page.
UTA Auto Login
- Open your available wireless connections window and connect to the ‘UTA Auto Login’ network.
- Enter your NetID and Password.
- Choose the security settings of PEAP and MSCHAPv2 if the options are available.
- Choose to attempt to connect to the network. Your device should pick up an IP address and connect to the UTA Auto Login network.
Known Issues: While these standard instructions should work for most common devices, please contact the Help Desk if you experience any problems. There is no guarantee that can be provided that a wireless connection will properly work on each and every device.