Admissions Department Lab (DH 129)
- Faculty Administrator:
- Bobby Martinez
- Additional Accounts:
- Deployment Date: 2009 Nov 10
- Hardware: (4) Dell Optiplex GX 620
- Network Environment: WORKGROUP
- Software Installed:
- Adobe Flash Player 10 Active X 10.0.32.18
- Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin 10.0.32.18
- Adobe Reader 9.2
- Identity Finder 3.0
- Java 6 Update 17
- Microsoft Forefront Security Client 1.5
- Microsoft .Net 1, 2, and 3
- Microsoft Office 07 w/SP2
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
- OIT SCCM Client Package
- Windows Internet Explorer 8
- Custom Software / Configuration:
- Faronics Deep Freeze Enterprise 6.6.1
- Home Page:
- Additional Desktop Links:
- Client Provided Software:
- Client Installed Software:
- Heat Ticket Number: 01063887
- Note: Sound is set to mute.
- Departments and Offices at UT Arlington
How to Get:
How to Use:
OIT creates a bootable restore image to help lab administrators restore software to lab machines. This document explains the process of using the image to restore the lab.
In order to restore the machines using the image, you will need the following:
- Permission to add and remove machines from the domain.
- Bootable Restore Image DVD for the lab.
- Passwords for the oit account, and Deep Freeze.
If you do not have or do not know any of the information listed, please contact Bobby Martinez.
To reimage the machine:
- Using a copy of the restore DVD, Restore The Machine.
- On first boot, logon as student [use the issued password].
- Allow Windows install updates if prompted. A yellow shield in the system tray appears if updates are available.
- Open a command prompt, to go the local root directory of C drive by typing C:\ and hit enter.
- Type cd windows\security and hit enter.
- Type RO.exe and hit enter.
- Type exit to close the command prompt, then restart the machine.
- Take the appropriate actions to enable Deep Freeze.