Power Saving Options
In an effort to assist UT Arlington in its campaign to "Go Green", the Office of Information Technology has complied some recommendations for computer power savings.
For the reason cited below, if you use power strips in your office we recommend you keep your primary office computer on a separate power strip from your monitor, printer, and other electrical devices in your office.
- Faculty (currently appointed) and Staff
- Departments and Offices at UT Arlington
- Currently Enrolled UT Arlington Students
- Students Admitted to UT Arlington
How to Use:
- Shut down office computers during evening and weekend hours.
- Do not turn off the power strip the computer is plugged into. In coming months, OIT would like to take advantage of your computers ability to awaken so that we can provide updates to your machines overnight or on weekends.
- Student computers in campus dorms and apartments are not impacted by OIT software pushes, so it is advisable for students to turn off their power strips.
- Monitors, printers, etc. can and should be powered off completely.
Additional Power Saving Settings: