How to check or change the license server authentication on Mathematica clients
System requirements: Windows
Checking the Mathematica client's License Server
- Launch the Mathematica application and click the Help menu command on the Wolfram Mathematica title bar.
- Click on the About Mathematica menu item in the Help drop down menu.
- Click on the System Information button in the About Wolfram Mathematica window.
- A Mathematica System Information window will appear.
- The License Server being used will be displayed on the Kernel tab in the section labeled License Server
Changing the Mathematica client's License Server
- Delete a file named Mathpass. in the C:\ProgramData\Mathematica\licensing path
- Once it has been deleted, Launch the Mathematica application on your computer.
- A Wolfram Product Activation window will automatically appear prompting for the user to select an activation method.
- Click on the Other ways to activate button.
- Select the activation method labeled Connect to a network license server by clicking on it
- Enter lm-mathematica"ver#".uta.edu replace the "ver#" with the version number of the Mathematica distribution that's installed on the client system.
- An individual would input 'lm-mathematica8.uta.edu' if the Mathematica version being used is version 8.
- Then click on the activate button