Dance Team Tryouts
Dance TRYOUTS WILL BE MAY 1 and 2, 2015
FRIDAY, MAY 1: 6:30PM - 10:30PM IN THE MAVERICK ACTIVITIES CENTER, RM 102B
SATURDAY, MAY 2: 8:00AM - 11:00AM IN THE MAVERICK ACTIVITIES CENTER, RM 102B
Applications deadline has been extended. Applications due by May 1, 2015
- Freshman/Transfer Students – Submitted application to UT Arlington by tryout date
- To apply: http://www.uta.edu/uta/admissions.php
- Current Students:
- Enrolled as a fulltime student at UT Arlington
- Minimum cumulative and current GPA of 2.0
- Current Health Insurance (proof required at Tryouts)
- Tryout Application
- Black dance shorts, black sports bra, hair pulled back
- Both Jazz shoes and tennis shoes
SKILL REQUIREMENTS and Tryout outline
(Can go above and beyond requirements listed)
- Triple or Quad pirouettes
- Fouettés and turns in second
- Two or more elite jumps (turning disc, switch Russians, reverse leap, switch to pitch, etc)
- Dance background in ballet and/or jazz and/or hip hop
- Physical appearance appropriate to perform all skills
Routines: A tryouts routine will be taught that incorporates jazz, hip-hop, and pom.
Candidates should also posses the following:
- Charisma/ personality
- UTA spirit
- Leadership skills
An interview may be held with candidates at any time during the tryouts.
If you cannot attend the tryout, you may submit a video as your audition.
All routines should be performed solo. Please do not submit team performances.
All videos must be submitted by May 1.
Please include the following in your video submission:
- Candidates should submit a choreographed jazz routine at least 45 seconds in length
- Candidate should submit a choreographed hip hop routine at least 45 seconds in length
- Candidate should submit a choreographed pom routine at least 30 second in length or a sideline chant showing strong pom/cheer ability
- Also show the following skills:
- All routines should be performed solo. Please do not submit team performances.
- Leaps in second, entering on both right and left sides
- Split Leaps, entering on both right and left sides
- Switch Leaps, entering on both right and left sides
- Double and triple pirouettes ( on both right and left side)
- Fouettes- in posse` ( both on right and left side)
- Fouettes in open second ( both on right and left side)
*Acceptance by video is temporary.
Videos cannot be returned and UTA Spirit Groups will not be able to confirm receipt of video. Please send all video to:
UTA Spirit Groups
C/O Leticia Hinojosa
500 W Nedderman Drive, MAC 101
Arlington, TX 76019
THINGS TO MAIL IN - by April 25, 2015
- Tryout Application
- A full length picture of yourself-must be head to toe
- Attach a copy of your most current transcript or acceptance letter
- Practice in the fall and spring will be Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays 2-4pm.
- Workout sessions will be Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- Camp will be in July exact dates are TBA.
- As a member of the Dance Team you are obligated to sign the one-year contract, and to fulfill the financial obligations that will be stated at the beginning of the season.
- Scholarships are available.
- Contact head coach Richard Dunn
- (817) 272-1015
Campus Rec Events
- Intramural Volleyball
Wednesday, Oct 14, 6:00 pm — MAC
- Intramural 4-on-4 Indoor Basketball Registration Deadline
Wednesday, Oct 21, 6:00 pm — MAC
- Intramural Table Tennis
Thursday, Oct 22, 7:00 am — MAC
- Intramural Halloween Ultimate Disc
Friday, Oct 30, 2:00 pm — MAC
- Intramural Badminton
Sunday, Nov 1, 8:00 pm — MAC