Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
UT Arlington Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is committed to helping students meet their full personal, academic, and career potential. Services are available to help students increase their understanding of personal issues address mental and behavioral health problems and make positive changes in their lives.
- Adjusting to College Life
- Stress or Anxiety
- Relationships/Interpersonal Concerns
- Sadness and Depression
- Academic Pressures
- Making Career Decisions
- Eating Problems
- Anger Issues
- Suicidal Thoughts
CAPS-Counseling and Psychological Services Include
- Individual, couples, and group counseling
- Psychological evaluation assessment and treatment
- Psychological assessment of ADHD and learning disorders
- Groups and workshops
- Consultation to the campus community
- Referral Services
CAPS-Psychiatric Services Include
- Students can meet with a psychiatry provider for a diagnostic assessment and ongoing treatment of psychiatric conditions, including medication and brief psychotherapy.
- Laboratory studies and referrals to other medical specialties may be recommended.
- Before ADHD medication is prescribed, documentation of a recent psychological assessment consistent with diagnosis of ADD/ADHD is required. (See CAPS website for additional information)
- Psychiatric appointments can be made by contacting CAPS Psychiatric Services (817-272-2771).
CAPS staff consists of licensed counselors, social workers, and psychologists. CAPS- Psychiatry staff includes psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners. Services are available to currently enrolled students.
CAPS Event Calendar
Discover new ways of promoting your emotional wellness!
Mindful Moments: Most Mondays Throughout Semester Starting 9/8, 12:15pm-12:45pm, Ransom Hall 310
Wishing You Well, Tues, 11/4, 11am-1pm, Library Mall
Tail Waggin' Wednesday, 11/5, 10am-2pm, Library 2nd Fl
Keep Calm and Sumo On! Tues, 11/11, 10am-1pm, Library Mall
MAVS Talk Depression, Thurs, 11/6, 3:30-4:30pm, CPB 303
QPR Training, Tues, 11/11, Tues, 2:30-4:30pm, CPB 303
MAVS Talk Grief, Thurs, 11/13, 3:30-4:30pm, Ransom Hall 310
Interested in becoming involved with CAPS outreach in Spring 2015?
Contact Cindy Manzano 817-272-3671 to explore how you can support student wellness!