Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
UT Arlington Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is committed to helping students meet their full personal, academic, and career potential. Services are available to help students increase their understanding of personal issues address mental and behavioral health problems and make positive changes in their lives.
- Adjusting to College Life
- Stress or Anxiety
- Relationships/Interpersonal Concerns
- Sadness and Depression
- Academic Pressures
- Making Career Decisions
- Eating Problems
- Anger Issues
- Suicidal Thoughts
CAPS-Counseling and Psychological Services Include
- Individual, couples, and group counseling
- Psychological evaluation assessment and treatment
- Psychological assessment of ADHD and learning disorders
- Groups and workshops
- Consultation to the campus community
- Referral Services
CAPS-Psychiatric Services Include
- Students can meet with a psychiatry provider for a diagnostic assessment and ongoing treatment of psychiatric conditions, including medication and brief psychotherapy.
- Laboratory studies and referrals to other medical specialties may be recommended.
- Before ADHD medication is prescribed, documentation of a recent psychological assessment consistent with diagnosis of ADD/ADHD is required. (See CAPS website for additional information)
- Psychiatric appointments can be made by contacting CAPS Psychiatric Services (817-272-2771).
CAPS staff consists of licensed counselors, social workers, and psychologists. CAPS- Psychiatry staff includes psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners. Services are available to currently enrolled students.
CAPS Event Calendar
Steven J. McIntosh Professional Development Day
Morning: Treating Adult Traumatic Bereavement
Afternoon: Vicarious Traumatization
Presenter: Laurie Pearlman, PhD
Fri, 3/6/15, 9am-3:30pm, EH Hereford University Center, Red River/Concho Room: UT-Arlington Campus
Discover new ways of promoting your emotional wellness!
Renew, Relax, Revive: Learn mindfulness and meditative techniques to manage stress. Most Mondays (12:15pm-12:45pm), Tuesdays (12:45pm-1:15pm), and Fridays (2:15pm-2:45pm) throughout Spring 2015. Ransom Hall Room 310. Walk-in only. **3/6 is cancelled. No meetings during Spring Break (3/9-3/13).
MAVS Talk Relationships Tues, 03-17-2015, 3:30 PM -- 4:30 PM, PH104
MAVS Talk Anxiety and Academics Wed, 3-25-2015, 3:30 PM -- 4:30 PM, PH104
QPR Training for Suicide Prevention Thursday, 3-19-2015, 9:30 AM -- 11:30 AM, PH104
Interested in becoming involved with CAPS outreach?
Contact Cindy Manzano 817-272-3671 to explore how you can support student wellness!
Interested in starting a new chapter of Active Minds? Contact us to discuss!