Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
UT Arlington Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is committed to helping students meet their full personal, academic, and career potential. Services are available to help students increase their understanding of personal issues address mental and behavioral health problems and make positive changes in their lives.
- Adjusting to College Life
- Stress or Anxiety
- Relationships/Interpersonal Concerns
- Sadness and Depression
- Academic Pressures
- Making Career Decisions
- Eating Problems
- Anger Issues
- Suicidal Thoughts
CAPS-Counseling and Psychological Services Include
- Individual, couples, and group counseling
- Psychological evaluation assessment and treatment
- Psychological assessment of ADHD and learning disorders
- Groups and workshops
- Consultation to the campus community
- Referral Services
CAPS-Psychiatric Services Include
- Students can meet with a psychiatry provider for a diagnostic assessment and ongoing treatment of psychiatric conditions, including medication and brief psychotherapy.
- Laboratory studies and referrals to other medical specialties may be recommended.
- Before ADHD medication is prescribed, documentation of a recent psychological assessment consistent with diagnosis of ADD/ADHD is required. (See CAPS website for additional information)
- Psychiatric appointments can be made by contacting CAPS Psychiatric Services (817-272-2771).
CAPS staff consists of licensed counselors, social workers, and psychologists. CAPS- Psychiatry staff includes psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners. Services are available to currently enrolled students.
CAPS Event Calendar
Discover new ways of promoting your emotional wellness!
Mindful Moments: Most Mondays Throughout Semester Starting 9/8, 12:15pm-12:45pm, Ransom Hall 310
MAVS Talk Anxiety and Academics, 10/13, 3:30pm-4:30pm, CPB 303 (Chemistry and Physics Building)
**QPR Training, 10/16, 2:30pm-4:30pm: CANCELLED. Please sign-up for 11/11 QPR Training.
MAVS Talk Healthy Relationships, 10/20, 3:30pm-4:30pm, CPB 303 (Chemistry and Physics Building)
MAVS Talk Self-Compassion, 10/27, 3:30pm-4:30pm, CPB 303 (Chemistry and Physics Building)Upcoming CAPS workshops and registration
Please contact CAPS if you are interested in joining one of our exciting new groups for Fall 2014.
Wellness Group, Begins 10/22
Cognitive Behavioral Group, Begins 10/2
Free from Distraction Group, Begins 10/7