Health Services offers health education, programs and materials to assist students to make appropriate decisions concerning alcohol, drugs, sexual health, nutrition, wellness and other health-related topics. Several awareness events are held throughout the year promoting health and wellness.
FALL 2016 events
- Cyclethon, September 26, 12 pm - 12 am, MAC
- World Heart Day, September 29, 10 am - 2 pm, UC Palo Duro
- Breast Cancer Awareness, October 5, 11 am - 2 pm, UC Palo Duro
- Wellness Expo, October 19, 11 am - 2 pm, UC Palo Duro
- Halloween Casino Night, October 27, 7 pm, Bluebonnet Ballroom
- Great American Smoke Out, November 17, 11 am - 2 pm, UC Palo Duro
- World AIDS Day, December 1, 10 am - 2 pm, UC Palo Duro
- World AIDS Day - Global Grounds, December 1, 3:30 pm - 5 pm, UC Palo Duro
- SHAC Spa Retreat, December 7, 10 am - 2 pm, Palo Duro
hiv/aids education & testing
Education and information on HIV/AIDS are available at no charge and may be given in a one-on-one setting or to campus groups. Testing for HIV/AIDS is available and requires pre and post-test counseling appointments. Free HIV/AIDS testing is available through community partnerships; appointments are required. Please call 817-272-2771 to inquire about free testing dates and to make an appointment.