Desktop Support Home Page
Desktop Support Technicians provides software and hardware solutions for departments, faculty, and staff, and coordinates work with other OIT groups.
The Desktop Support Team provides the following services:
- Support of Desktop Software
- We provide installation and upgrade assistance with UTA supported software, anti-virus (including clean up), and network connectivity, as well as installing new machines using the Universal Image.
- Support of Desktop Printers
- We assist with the setup and repair of supported network printers.
- Support of Desktop Hardware
- We install, maintain, and repair supported desktops and laptops.
- Desktop Associates Program
- The Desktop Support Team works with select individuals from various departments who act as a liaisons between Desktop Support and the Department. This mutual agreement allows for better cooperation in addressing the department's desktop support issues.
- Reccomendations/Quotes on Standard Desktop Computers
- We work with computer distributors to bring you the best prices on standard hardware.
How to Request a Service
- Use our IT Help site to review your open tickets or to request service
- E-mail the Help Desk at email@example.com
- Chat with a Help Desk agent
- Call the Help Desk at 817.272.2208
What to Expect When You Request a Service
When you request a service at the Help Desk, you should expect the following actions to occur:
- You will receive an e-mail with your ticket number.
- A Desktop technician send you an e-mail to do the following:
- Provide his/her name and inform you that he/she will be working on your request.
- Setup a time to meet with you if needed.
- Provide a "best case scenario" estimate for work completion date/time.
- During the work process, the Desktop technician will provide major status updates.
- When the request is resolved, the Desktop technician will send you a completion notice by e-mail.