Android UTA Email Setup
Email Setup - Android Devices for UTA Faculty or Staff
This article explains how to quickly create an Exchange account on your Android device, especifically on the Motorola Backflip. This should work on most other Android devices, since this is a hardware-independent operating system based on Linux. UT Arlington does not provide any support for Android devices. These instructions are for UTA faculty and staff only. This is tested against Android 2.3. Other versions may have slight differences. The settings will be simular to those in these instructions.
Related Links: Student Email
- Departments and Offices at UT Arlington
- Faculty (currently appointed) and Staff
- Visitors and Guests
How to Get: The Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides minimal support for mobile devices. We realize many Student, Faculty & Staff members have purchased hand-held mobile devices which are capable of operating with UTA Domain resources. OIT provides minimum support to these devices. As a courtesy, we have put forth our best effort to provide this set of "How-To" instructions for various devices. OIT does not guarantee these instructions will always work as advertised.
How to Use: These instructions are for UTA faculty and staff only, to add an Exchange account to your Android device -
- Tap the Menu Key
- Accounts & Sync
- Add Account
- Tap on Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your complete e-mail address: Faculty/Staff NetID@exchange.uta.edu
- Password: yourpassword
- Tap Next
- Domain\Username: uta\NetID
- Server - owa.uta.edu
- Check "Use secure connection (SSL)"
- Your device will now try to locate your Exchange server using Microsoft's Autodiscovery service. After successfully making a connection to the Exchange server, you may be prompted to change your device passcode to match whatever policies may have been set on your server.
- Choose which type of data you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
- Your e-mail will now show up whenever your press the Messaging icon on your Home Screen.
Related Information: Student Email