MathWorks Matlab R2014a
- Faculty (currently appointed) and Staff
- Currently Enrolled UT Arlington Students
Standard Software Supported By: Desktop
OIT Support Levels: Partial
MATLAB® (matrix laboratory) is a high-level language and interactive environment for numerical computation, visualization, and programming. Using MATLAB, you can analyze data, develop algorithms, and create models and applications. The language, tools, and built-in math functions enable you to explore multiple approaches and reach a solution faster than with spreadsheets or traditional programming languages, such as C/C++ or Java™.
Release 2013b contains the latest versions of MATLAB and Simulink, new features, plus these widely used add-on products:
|Aerospace Blockset||Aerospace Toolbox||Bioinformatics Toolbox|
|Communications System Toolbox||Computer Vision System Toolbox||Control System Toolbox|
|Curve Fitting Toolbox||Data Acquisition Toolbox||DSP System Toolbox|
|Econometrics Toolbox||Embedded Coder||Financial Toolbox|
|Fixed-Point Toolbox||Fuzzy Logic Toolbox||Global Optimization Toolbox|
|Image Acquisition Toolbox||Image Processing Toolbox||Instrument Control Toolbox|
|Mapping Toolbox||MATLAB Builder NE||MATLAB Coder|
|MATLAB Compiler||MATLAB Report Generator||Model Predictive Control Toolbox|
|Model-Based Calibration Toolbox||Neural Network Toolbox||Optimization Toolbox|
|Parallel Computing Toolbox||Partial Differential Equation Toolbox||Robust Control Toolbox|
|Signal Processing Toolbox||SimBiology||SimElectronics|
|Simulink 3D Animation||Simulink Coder||Simulink Control Design|
|Simulink Report Generator||Stateflow||Statistics Toolbox|
|Symbolic Math Toolbox||System Identification Toolbox||Vehicle Network Toolbox|
|Wavelet Toolbox||xPC Target||xPC Target Embedded Option|
System Requirements: Minumum Mfg.
- Base OS: Windows
- OS Version: 7
- Processor: Pentium IV - or Greater
- RAM: 2 GB Ram
- Hard Disk Total Size: 1 GB (MATLAB only)
- Additional Hard Disk Space Needed: 3 to 4 GB
System Requirements: OIT Required
- Base OS: Windows
- OS Version: 7
- Processor: Pentium IV- or Greater
- RAM: 2 GB or Greater
- Hard Disk Total Size: 3 GB
- Additional Hard Disk Space Needed: 10 GB
How to Get:
The University of Texas at Arlington utilizes a licensing model for Matlab & Simulink usage called Total Academic Headcount Campus License. It allows campus-wide access to Matlab on University of Texas at Arlington owned computers to all faculty, staff and students. Faculty and Staff are also entitled to install Matlab on their personally owned computers. The new license will provide Matlab users access to 50 toolboxes.
Teaching & Academic Research Usage: Please contact the OIT Help Desk http://www.uta.edu/oit/cs/helpdesk/. Be ready to provide answers to the following questions so that your request will be processed in a timely manner. Helpdesk will create a call ticket and assign it to Desktop Support to get in contact with you.
- Are you a member of the UTA Faculty/Staff or a UTA enrolled student?
- Provide contact information such as phone number and e-mail address.
- If Teaching: what is the course name and number?
- On how many systems will Matlab be installed?
- What platform such as Windows (32 or 64 bit)
- What are the UTA asset tag numbers on the target systems?
- If the system/systems a Windows System, what is its Computer Name?
- Automated Installation method: For UTA owned systems that are members of the UTA domain with a SCCM client installed , the software will be advertised to the client's system upon request.
Please go here (http://www.uta.edu/oit/cs/desktop/software.php) for more information on installing software from an SCCM advertised program installation.
- If you don't have a SCCM client installed on the system, please submit an install request to the OIT Helpdesk. Help Desk contact information may be found at http://www.uta.edu/oit/cs/helpdesk/full.php .
- Manual Installation method: This method is for installation of Matlab on UTA owned systems that are not on the UTA domain or fail to receive an advertised installation package through SCCM.
- If you are installing Matlab on a UTA owned system that is not on the UTA domain please go here
- Faculty/Staff Install on personally owned system: Faculty and Staff members may put in a request for a single installation of Matlab on a personally owned system. Please observe these steps to get a copy of Matlab installed on your personally owned system.
- Please contact the Help Desk http://www.uta.edu/oit/cs/helpdesk/ and provide the following information.
- Your UTEID number.
- Type of OS the system uses.
- The volume serial number for your system
a. Windows OS To obtain the Volume Serial Number, open a Command Prompt window, and run the command: vol c: Use the serial number listed (ex. 1234-1234).
b. For a Mac OS X machine, the host ID is the MAC Address of the built in Ethernet device (en0). To obtain this value, use Terminal in /Applications/Utilities and run the command: netstat -I en0
c. The host ID is listed in the first row of the output, under the "Address" column.
Once this information is provided to the Helpdesk, they will submit a software install request to the appropriate group within OIT Client Services.
- Once eligibility has been verified, a set of instructions on how to install and activate the software will be sent to the staff/faculty member by e-mail.
- Designated Computer License Renewal
- If your Matlab installation is using a designated computer license and you are receiving a license expiration notice, please click on this link for instructions.
The Matlab Enabled Campus
- Instructors command a powerful and flexible environment for teaching, applying algorithms and models, and exploring data.
- Students gain knowledge of fundamental theories and their applications while becoming skilled in using industry-standard tools.
- Researchers use a rich set of tools to accelerate discovery and provide insight into complex system behavior.
What can you do with MATLAB? Learn more at