Assistant Director Todd Womble leads a graduate workshop
In keeping with the University of Texas at Arlington mission statement, which asserts that the University is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge and the pursuit of excellence, the Writing Center's goal is to work with students to explore and develop their ideas, to become aware of the needs of their readers, and to learn the rhetorical and syntactical strategies necessary for effective written communication across disciplines and across communities.
The UT-Arlington Writing Center offers a welcoming and supportive environment for students who seek assistance on a wide variety of writing assignments and needs. We are here to encourage and to motivate student writers of all levels, and to provide our clients with the highest quality assistance available. Our first objective is to help student writers to elevate the writing project in hand, but always with the goal of improving the general quality of their written work. In addition, we intend to work together with faculty, administrators and other UT-Arlington community members to become a trusted and reliable campus resource.
• We offer a positive and supportive environment.
• Our writing consultants are professionally trained and can assist undergraduate and graduate students with writing assignments in multiple subject areas.
• We assist students across the spectrum of writing ability.
• We help clients develop their ability to critically evaluate their own writing and ideas.
• We offer students focused, extended, and personalized tutoring in an effort to increase their chances of becoming successful college-level writers.
• We also offer workshops for graduate and undergraduate student writers.
Please look through our site to learn more about the Writing Center at UT-Arlington and contact us if you have any questions.
*Please be aware that in The Writinc Center we do not work with grammar editing.
Fall 2013 HOURS:
Sept. 3- Dec. 6
• 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mon. thru Thurs.
• 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Fri.
• Noon to 4:30 p.m. Sat. and Sun.
Holiday Closure: Nov. 28-Dec. 1
WE OFFER ONLINE APPOINTMENTS FOR STUDENTS in their ONLINE COURSES during our normal CST hours
A Division of the Department of English, Sponsored by the College of Liberal Arts