i>clicker Audience Response System
The i>clicker Audience Response System enables students and faculty to interact dynamically through question-and-answer polling in various settings vis-a-vis the intuitive interface, mobile app, and hand-held devices.
Whether used simply for taking attendance in large classes or for spontaneous discussions or polls, the i>clicker will assist faculty in delivering a truly collaborative learning experience.
One notable feature of the i>clicker is that it privately displays polling results before they are revealed to the room allowing faculty to decide on appropriate discussion strategies in real-time.
i>clicker also integrates with Canvas.
If you have questions about i>clicker on campus or for training, contact Don Lane at email@example.com.
Getting Started with i>clicker
Step 1: Order your i>clicker Instructor Kit
To order your i>clicker instructor Kit, please contact the i>clicker Sales Rep for UTA:
Please send him 3 important pieces of information:
1) Course name/number
2) Approximate enrollment
3) Your preferred shipping address to receive your kit
Step 2: Order Student i>clickers from the UTA Bookstore
You will need to place an order with the UTA Bookstore for i>clicker units, the same as you would if you were ordering books. The ISBN for the i>clicker2 is 1429280476. Just as with books, the students will have to go to the bookstore and purchase an i>clicker unit, unless they already have purchased one for a different class.
For more information please contact Textbook Manager - Shiva Mirsaeedi firstname.lastname@example.org
There are now two versions of i>Clicker... i>Clicker Cloud and i>Clicker Classic. Both versions utilize the base station that needs to be attached to the classroom computer. i>Clicker Classic is software you bring on a USB drive and run from the classroom PC. i>Clicker Cloud is fully run from a web interface and software loaded on the classroom PC. i>Cloud software is already loaded on all ETSS supported computers in classrooms.
i>Clicker Classic & Canvas Integration
i>Clicker Integrate is a wizard that provides a seamless integration of data between Canvas and i>Clicker gradebook. You can download the i>clicker software that is configured for UT Arlington Canvas Integration here. Make sure to download either Mac or PC:
For Mac i>Clicker Classic users, please follow these steps:
- Download a fresh version of the iClicker Classic software from i>Clicker's website.
- Double-click the downloaded .dmg file to mount it, create a new folder called iClicker Classic (or similar), and copy and paste the iclicker.app file from within the .dmg disk image to within the new folder. The first time you run iClicker from this new folder, it will automatically create all the supporting files and folders and iClicker will function as normal.
- You need the iClicker software to be integrated with UTA's Canvas instance. Download this xml file... then copy the file into the Resources folder of your new iClicker software.
- You can now start and use the software.
- Canvas integration video and user guide (PDF download at the bottom of the page): https://support.iclicker.com/customer/portal/articles/1567083-i%3Eclicker-integrate-blackboard-learn-v9-1-
- General i>clicker user guide: https://support.iclicker.com/customer/portal/articles/1671724-i%3Eclicker-7-user-guide-pdf-
- i>clicker how-to videos: https://support.iclicker.com/customer/portal/topics/663461--instructors-videos/articles