Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- About the Graduate Degrees
- Graduate Programs
- Guidelines for Admission Status
- Graduate Financial Support
- How to Apply
- Pre-Application Form
- Chem Grad Students Association
- Chemistry Department Scholarships
- Graduate Student Handbook and Forms
- Fellowships, Scholarships and Stipends
- Regular Faculty A-Z
- Adjunct Faculty A-Z
- Emeriti Faculty A-Z
- Retired Faculty A-Z
- Daniel W. Armstrong
- William A. Baker
- Edward Bellion
- Alejandro Bugarin
- Saiful Chowdhury
- Purnendu (Sandy) K. Dasgupta
- Rasika Dias
- Ronald L. Elsenbaumer
- Frank W. Foss
- Robert F. Francis
- Jongyun Heo
- Junha Jeon
- Kayunta Johnson-Winters
- Peter Kroll
- Carl J. Lovely
- Frederick MacDonnell
- Subhrangsu S. Mandal
- Dennis S. Marynick
- Brad S. Pierce
- Martin Pomerantz
- Laszlo Prokai
- Krishnan Rajeshwar
- Jimmy R. Rogers
- Zoltan A. Schelly
- Kevin A. Schug
- E. Thomas Strom
- Norma Tacconi
- Seiichiro Tanizaki
- Richard B. Timmons
- Jennifer Rhinehart
- Robin Macaluso
- Research Interests Grid
- Analytical Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- How to Succeed in Chemistry
- Mass and Volume Measurement
- Separation of a Three Component Mixture
- Determining the Empirical Formula of a Copper Oxide
- Titration as an Analytical Method: Determining the Acid Content in Vinegar
- Qualitative Analysis: Identifying Simple Salts from their Properties and Reactions
- The Ideal Gas Law and Gas Constant
- Hess's Law and Calorimetry
- Synthesis of Tris-1,10-phen iron(II) chloride
- Spectrophotometric Determination of Purity and Concentration
- Atomic Emission Spectra of Gases: Evidence of Quantum Structure
- Chemiluminescence: Optimization of a Chemical Reaction
- Molecular Shapes By Valence Shell Electron Pair Repulsion (VSEPR) Theory
- Freezing Point Depression in tert-Butyl Alcohol
- Re-crystallization of Acetaminophen from Tylenol
- Chemical Kinetics: Determining the Rate Law for a Chemical Reaction
- Synthesis of 'Green Crystals'
- Colorimetric Determination of the Equilibrium constant for the Formation of a Complex Ion
- Buffer Solution Behavior
- Behavior of Strong and Weak Acids Upon Titration
- Enthalpy and Entropy of a Reaction
- Redox Titration
- Construction of Simple Batteries and Measurement of Half-Cell Potentials
- Organic Chemistry 1
- ABOUT US
Ronald L. Elsenbaumer
Office: Davis Hall 346, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 817-272-1021, FAX: 817-272-2625
# Electrically Conductive Polymers # Mechanistic Organic and Polymer Chemistry # Materials Science of Conjugated Polymers # Corrosion # Organic Superconductors
"Corrosion Protection of Metals Using Electrically Conductive Polymers," Wei-Kang Lu, Sanjay Basak and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, in Handbook of Conductive Polymers, T. A. Skotheim, J. Reynolds, and R. L. Elsenbaumer, eds., Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, NY, 1997, pp 881-920.
"Synthesis, Characterization, and Electrical Properties of Poly (1-alkyl-2,5- pyrrylene vinylenes): New Low Band Gap Conducting Polymers," In Tae Kim and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Macromolecules 2000, 33, 6407-6411.
"Poly(alkyl thiophene-3-carboxylates). Synthesis, Properties and Electroluminescence Studies of Polythiophenes Containing a Carbonyl Group Directly Attached to the Ring," Martin Pomerantz, Yang Cheng, Ramesh K. Kasim, and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Journal of Materials Chemistry 1999, 9, 2155.
"The Tuning of Heterocyclic Isomerization: Additional Routes to Extended Donors," Ronald L. Meline and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Synthetic Metals 1999, 102, 1658-1661.
"Synthesis and Characterization of Poly(2,6-Quinoline Vinylene)," Ramesh K. Kasim, Sripadma Satyanarayana and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Synthetic Metals 1999, 102, 1059.
"Novel Heterocyclic Coordination Polymers: Synthesis and Characterization," Sripadma Satyanarayana and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Synthetic Metals 1999, 102, 1470-1471.
"Poly(3-Alkylthiophenes): Optimizing Conductivity as a Function of Regioregularity, Dopant, and Casting Solvent," Ronald L. Meline, Ramesh K. Kasim, Wei-Kang Lu, and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Synthetic Metals 1999, 101, 446.
"N-Methylated Poly(nonylbithiazole): A New n-Dopable Conjugated Polymer," M. David Curtis, Haitao Cheng, Jo Anna Johnson, John I. Nanos, Ramesh Kasim, Ronald Elsenbaumer, Lebzylisbeth Gonzalez and David C. Martin, Chem. Mater. 1998, 10, 13.
"An Expedient, Cost Effective Large Scale Synthesis of Tetrathiafulvalene," Ronald L. Meline and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, J. Chem. Soc, Perkin Trans. I 1998, 2467.
"Synthesis, Characterization and Properties of Conjugated Poly(1-Alkyl-2,5-Pyrrlene Vinylene)," In Tae Kim and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Mat. Res. Soc. 1998, 488, 665-670.
"Convenient Syntheses of 1-Alkyl-2,5-bis(thiophenylmethylene)pyrroles Using the Mannich Reaction," In Tae Kim and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Tetrahedron Letts. 1998, 39, 1087.
"Simple Method for Fabricating Polymer Light Emitting Diodes," Ramesh K. Kasim, Martin Pomerantz and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Chemistry of Materials 1998, 10, 235.
"Solution Processible Poly(1-Alkyl-2,5-pyrrylene vinylenes): New Low Band Gap Conductive Polymers," In Tae Kim and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, J.C.S. Chem. Commun. 1998, 327.
"High Yield Conversion of Tetrathiafulvalene Into Bis(ethylenedithio)tetrathiafulvalene and Derivatives of TTF," Ronald L. Meline and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. I 1997, 3575.
"Direct Syntheses of Tetrathiafulvalene and Bis(ethylenedithio)-tetrathiafulvalene By a Non-coupling Route From 1,4,5,8-Tetrathianaphthalene," Ronald L. Meline and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Synthesis 1997, 617.
"Electron Rich Thienylene-Vinylene Low Band Gap Polymers" Yueping Fu and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Chemistry of Materials 1997, 9, 1720.
"Investigation of Device Failure in Polymer Light Emitting Diodes," Ramesh K, Kasim, Yang Cheng, Martin Pomerantz, and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Synthetic Metals 1997, 85, 1213.
"Forward/Reverse dc bias or ac Electroluminescence in Poly(p-phenylene vinylene) Prepared via Sulfonium-salt and Xanthate Routes," Ramesh K. Kasim and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Synthetic Metals 1997, 85, 1291.
"A Convenient Non-Coupling Synthesis of Bis(ethylenedithio)- tetrathiafulvalene," Ronald L. Meline and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Synthetic Metals 1997, 86, 1845.
"Isolation, Characterization and Polymerization of Monosubstituted p-Quinodimethanes Made from Thiophene Derivatives," Haitao Cheng and Ronald L. Elsenbaumer, Polym. Mat.: Sci. Engr. 1996, 75, 293.
"New Precursors and Polymerization Route for the Preparation of High Molecular Weight Poly(3,4-Dialkoxy-2,5-Thienylenevinylenes): Low Band Gap Conductive Polymers," H. Cheng and R. L. Elsenbaumer, J.C.S. Chem. Commun. 1995, 1451.
B.S. Purdue University (1973)
Ph.D. Stanford University (1978)