Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- About the Graduate Degrees
- Graduate Programs
- Guidelines for Admission Status
- Graduate Financial Support
- How to Apply
- Pre-Application Form
- Chem Grad Students Association
- Chemistry Department Scholarships
- Graduate Student Handbook and Forms
- Fellowships, Scholarships and Stipends
- Regular Faculty A-Z
- Adjunct Faculty A-Z
- Emeriti Faculty A-Z
- Retired Faculty A-Z
- Daniel W. Armstrong
- William A. Baker
- Edward Bellion
- Alejandro Bugarin
- Saiful Chowdhury
- Purnendu (Sandy) K. Dasgupta
- Rasika Dias
- Ronald L. Elsenbaumer
- Frank W. Foss
- Robert F. Francis
- Jongyun Heo
- Junha Jeon
- Kayunta Johnson-Winters
- Peter Kroll
- Carl J. Lovely
- Frederick MacDonnell
- Subhrangsu S. Mandal
- Dennis S. Marynick
- Brad S. Pierce
- Martin Pomerantz
- Laszlo Prokai
- Krishnan Rajeshwar
- Jimmy R. Rogers
- Zoltan A. Schelly
- Kevin A. Schug
- E. Thomas Strom
- Norma Tacconi
- Seiichiro Tanizaki
- Richard B. Timmons
- Jennifer Rhinehart
- Robin Macaluso
- Research Interests Grid
- Analytical Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- How to Succeed in Chemistry
- Mass and Volume Measurement
- Separation of a Three Component Mixture
- Determining the Empirical Formula of a Copper Oxide
- Titration as an Analytical Method: Determining the Acid Content in Vinegar
- Qualitative Analysis: Identifying Simple Salts from their Properties and Reactions
- The Ideal Gas Law and Gas Constant
- Hess's Law and Calorimetry
- Synthesis of Tris-1,10-phen iron(II) chloride
- Spectrophotometric Determination of Purity and Concentration
- Atomic Emission Spectra of Gases: Evidence of Quantum Structure
- Chemiluminescence: Optimization of a Chemical Reaction
- Molecular Shapes By Valence Shell Electron Pair Repulsion (VSEPR) Theory
- Freezing Point Depression in tert-Butyl Alcohol
- Re-crystallization of Acetaminophen from Tylenol
- Chemical Kinetics: Determining the Rate Law for a Chemical Reaction
- Synthesis of 'Green Crystals'
- Colorimetric Determination of the Equilibrium constant for the Formation of a Complex Ion
- Buffer Solution Behavior
- Behavior of Strong and Weak Acids Upon Titration
- Enthalpy and Entropy of a Reaction
- Redox Titration
- Construction of Simple Batteries and Measurement of Half-Cell Potentials
- Forensic Investigations with Chromatography
- Organic Chemistry 1
- ABOUT US
Southwest Regional Speaker Exchange Program
Armstrong, Daniel 817-272-3805 firstname.lastname@example.org
"Ionic Liquids and Their Use in Chemical Analysis"
"Recent Advances in the Development and Use of Chiral Selectors in Separation Science"
"Separations-Based High Efficiency Microbial Analysis"
Dasgupta, Purnendu (Sandy) 817-272-3171 email@example.com
"A Green Analyzer for Arsenic"
"Perchlorate : Where now?"
Dias, Rasika 817-272-3813 firstname.lastname@example.org
"Teflon Coated Pyrazolates and Scorpionates"
"Light Emitting Chains, Rings and Other Types of Aggregates Containing Copper, Silver and Gold Atoms"
Foss, Frank 817-272-5245 email@example.com
"Phospholipid Metabolism and Signaling: Developing Non-Natural Sphingosine-1-Phosphate Analogues as Biological Tools"
"Artificial Enzymes: Mimicking Nature to Develop Non-Natural Catalysts"
"Molecular Electronics: Structure-Function Relationships in Electron Transport through Aromatic and Anti-Aromatic Molecules"
"The "Weaker Forces": An Introduction to Intermolecular Forces and Self-Assembly in Nature and Nanoscale Materials"
Heo, Jongyun 817-272-1076 firstname.lastname@example.org
"Anticancer Therapeutic Potentials and Redox Regulation Mechanisms of Ras, Rho and Ran GTPases"
Kroll, Peter 817-272-3814 email@example.com
"Computational High-Pressure Chemistry of Nitride Compounds"
"Order in Disordered Materials: Modeling and Computation of Nano-domains in Glasses and Amorphous Ceramics"
"Amorphous Ceramics, Interfaces, and Nanostructures: Atomistic Modeling and ab-initio Computations"
"Computational Solid State Chemistry: Glasses, Nanostructures, and High-Pressure Science"
Lovely, Carl 817-272-5446 firstname.lastname@example.org
"New Methods for Imidazole Functionalization -- Application to the Total Synthesis of Marine Alkaloids"
"New Methods of Transition Metal-Mediated and -Catalyzed Synthesis"
MacDonnell, Frederick 817-272-2972 email@example.com
"Hypoxia Selective DNA Cleavage Using DNA Binding Metal Complexes"
"Photodriven Sequential and Concerted Multi-Electron Reduction of Ruthenium Complexes: Potential Towards Hydrogen Production"
Mandal, Subhra 817-272-3808 firstname.lastname@example.org
"Mixed Lineage Leukemia Histone Methylases in Gene Expression, Hormone Signaling and Cancer"
"Mixed Lineage Leukemias Bridge Between Estrogen Signaling and Blood Cholesterol"
"Screening Small Molecules: Metallo-Salens Are Potential Novel Anti-Tumor Agents"
Pierce, Brad 817-272-9066 email@example.com
"Proton-dependent transient intermediates in the catalytic mechanism of mouse cysteine dioxygenase"
"tRNA-modifying diiron monooxygenase (MiaE): the role of tRNA-interactions on electronic structure and enzymatic activity"
"Beyond the first coordination sphere in non-heme iron enzymes: how outer-sphere interactions influence substrate-specificity, and coupling efficiency”
Rajeshwar, Krishnan 817-272-3511 firstname.lastname@example.org
"Combining Photochemistry with Electrochemistry: The Sun is the Limit"
"Solar Hydrogen Generation: Toward a Renewable Energy Economy"
Schug, Kevin 817-272-3541 email@example.com
"The Caveats of Studying Solution Phase Small Molecule Molecular Recognition by Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry"
"Chiral Recognition and Enantiodiscrimination by Mass Spectrometry: Ready for Industry or Purely Academic?"
UT Arlington will pick up cost of travel for smaller Institutions within a 150-mile radius, through the Southwest Speaker Exchange
The following seminars from our faculty are available to participating institutions. If your department wishes to take advantage of any such presentation, please contact the faculty member directly.