BSN Instructions for Applying
Requirements to submit an upper-division nursing program(s) application
- Be admitted into UT Arlington, by applying at applytexas.org
- Have an active enrollment term at the time of application
- BSN applications must be submitted by the BSN application deadline, no exceptions. If applying as a new UT Arlington student, allow ample time for the admission process. Admissions processed after the BSN application deadline may result in a delayed application and subsequent denial from the upper-division nursing program.
- HESI A2 scores that meet the minimum requirements
- Activated MAVS e-mail account: owa.uta.edu/ or www.uta.edu/oit/cs/email
- If applying as a new student to UT Arlington, apply for the admit term listed below:
|BSN Application Deadline||BSN Application Term||UT Arlington Admit Term|
|January 15||Fall term post BSN application deadline||Fall term prior to the BSN application deadline|
|June 1||Spring term post BSN application deadline||Springterm prior to the BSN application deadline|
- Log in to your MyMav account
- At the “Main Menu”, select “Self Service”
- From “Self Service”, select “Supplemental App Selection”
- At the “Application Definition Code” drop down menu, select the program for which you are applying
- The “Term” for which you can apply will default to the current application period
- Select “Begin Application”
Transfer Student Admission
Refers to students who have successfully completed prerequisite courses with a C or above including NURS 3366 Pathophysiology and NURS 3365 Pharmacology and Junior I courses for the BSN Program: Holistic Health Assessment and Clinical Nursing Foundations at another college or university.
Students are required to:
- Complete the Transfer Nursing Student Application
- Complete minimum required HESI A2 scores as stated on the admission brochure
- Provide a “good standing” letter from the outside institution’s nursing department
- Submit a course syllabus and a content outline of the course(s). If the course is a clinical course, a list of nursing skills learned in the course(s) must also be submitted.
All requirements must be submitted to the Office of Enrollment and Student Services Assistant Dean.
- a student must attend a mandatory in-person orientation.
- a student may select the campus-based program.
Students who have not completed the required courses will be ranked with the incoming junior class.
If previously admitted to a nursing program at an institution outside of UT Arlington, the “Transfer Nursing Student Policy” must be adhered to.