February '22 Newsletter Updated
February 10, 2022
There are a few additional events and opportunities that have cropped up and we just couldn’t wait until March to share!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions!
In This Bonus Edition of the Newsletter
Reminder: Virtual Law Student Panel Tomorrow
Callejo Group Paid Legal Internship Opportunity
Curnutt & Hafer, LLP Paid Legal Position Now Available
Live UTA Speed Networking Reception with Attorneys
SMU Minority Pre-Law Symposium
LSAC Virtual Student Panel Workshop
REMINDER: Virtual Law Student Panel TOMORROW!
Friday, Feb. 11th @2pm – 3pm
Curious what law school is like for 1Ls, 2Ls, 3Ls and recent grads and how each stage is different? Then you should definitely check out this panel as UTA Pre-Law graduates share their experiences now that they’re in law school and experiencing different stages of the law school process.
Key topics include:
- Surviving Law School as a First Gen Law Student
- Finding Diversity
- Identifying Opportunities
- Creating Pathways for Success in a Competitive Environment
Nida Shah Garcia – Loyola University Chicago School of Law (1L)
Esther Oni – South Texas College of Law (2L)
Hailey Moore – University of Oklahoma School of Law (3L)
Alizah Charaniya – Cornell School of Law Recent Graduate
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 825 1335 2572
Callejo Commercial Properties Paid Legal Internship Position Available
Callejo Commercial Properties is a boutique Dallas-based
commercial real estate firm searching for a Junior or Senior student who can assist the Principal in various projects and experience the following:
1. Shadow the principal once every two weeks on presentations, meetings with city officials, negotiations, and property tours for clients;
2. Review contracts, Letters of Intent, legal real estate documents, and other similarly related instruments;
3. Learn the art of real estate sales, commercial leasing transactions, listings, and the strategy behind negotiations; review any questions, hypotheticals, and similarly related scenarios live or remotely;
4. Attend city meetings where possible and learn how buyer-applicants rezone tracts of land. Learn how cities project their long term growth and how city councils decide to support real estate transactions requiring their approval;
5. Learn what retail, office, and industrial clients require to determine their office and land needs;
6. Assist the company in research, making calls, gathering information and securing data we require to assist our clients and mission. Research can be at the office or remotely. Assist in setting up Zoom presentations and gathering information from DCAD (Dallas County Appraisal District.
Hours are negotiable, relaxed business attire at the office and a Spring semester stipend of $500.00 to cover gasoline and other expenses. Flexible hours. Our last UTA Intern is finishing his first year of law school and secured his real estate license prior to the commencement of law school. He is interested in specializing in commercial real estate law after passing the bar exam.
Resumes may be sent directly to JD@Callejocp.com.
Curnutt & Hafer, LLP Paid Legal Position Available
Curnutt & Hafer, LLP is an expanding business trial law firm located in downtown Arlington, Texas, within walking distance of the University of Texas at Arlington. (www.CurnuttHafer.com). We are seeking to hire someone to help out with administrative tasks.
- Make copies;
- Help with document organization and labeling;
- Manage filing;
- Work on data input; and
- Basic research assignments.
- Detail oriented;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Organized, efficient, punctual, and adaptive;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Professional, neat appearance; and
- Willing and able to ask for help when needed.
Character and Attitude: Must have a servant’s heart, a good work ethic, and be a proactive learner. Looks to add value to our firm, our brand, our clients, and potential referral sources.
Time and Compensation: Approximately 20 hours per week. Temporary position that could possibly lead to longer employment. Pay is negotiable $12-$15 per hour based on candidate.
TO APPLY: Send email to AHannun@CurnuttHafer.com with subject line “Secretarial Assistant” with an attached resume and cover letter describing yourself and the reasons you think you could perform well in this job.
Live Pre-Law Student-Attorney Speed Networking Reception & Mixer
Friday, March 25th 3pm –5pm
UTA University Club Lounge
In the first mentorship and networking event since before the pandemic, UTA Pre-Law Center will host a live Speed Networking mixer and reception event where students can have one-on-one conversations with attorneys asking their burning questions, getting to know about various practice areas and exploring ways to better their future careers through direct engagement with legal professionals.
Business professional attire.
Heavy hors d’oeuvres and beverages will be served. Free for Pre-Law students to attend. Space and seating is limited.
Interested students must RSVP TO ATTEND by March 15th.
Email email@example.com with questions regarding this event.
SMU Minority Pre-Law Symposium
Saturday, Feb. 19th 8:30 – 12pm LIVE on SMU Law Campus
It is a pleasure to invite you to our annual Minority Pre-Law Symposium on Saturday, February 19, 2022, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The program will provide you the opportunity to meet virtually with Dedman students, faculty, administrators, and alumni. Our hope is that you will gain a better understanding of the law school application and admissions process and learn more about pursuing a legal career. This program is not limited to minority students. Students of all ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to attend.
We will raffle off four (4) free Kaplan LSAT preparatory courses, valued at over $1800, which have been generously donated by Kaplan, Inc., and the law school.
To register for the event, please complete the online RSVP
LSAC Virtual Student Panel Workshop
Wednesday, Feb. 16th 1pm – 2pm CST
The path to law school can be challenging, but LSAC is here to help you navigate your journey with a series of webinars designed for law school candidates and undergraduate students considering legal education. We are pleased to share some exciting events coming up this month.
Join us for What Law Students Wish They Had Known Before Law School and hear from a panel of current law students whose stories may help you avoid the pitfalls they experienced on their journeys.
UTA Pre-Law Center
Box 19525, Arlington, Texas 76019 | Phone: 817-272-6796 | firstname.lastname@example.org