Group Campus Tours
Please note that there are no there are no group campus tours scheduled at this time. Registration for summer group campus tours will open in April.
Guided Group Campus Tours
- Groups of 10-50 students*
- Middle School, High School, and Community College students
- Organizations such as churches, sports teams, scouting, YMCA, etc
- All students attending the guided tour must be in the 6th grade or above*
- Weekdays at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. and Saturday at 10:00 a.m.
* If you would like to bring a group larger than 50 students, or a group with students younger than the 6th grade, please review our self-guided tour options below.
Our free guided tour experience consists of a walking tour and optional admission information session. The tour is led by MavElite student tour guides, lasts about an hour and 15 minutes, and gives a general overview of campus life.
Admission information sessions are scheduled upon request for middle school and high school groups of 50 students or less. These are contingent upon staff and space availability. If you are interested in scheduling an information session, please indicate your preference when completing the registration form. Admission information sessions are offered at 12:30 p.m. and 2:15 p.m. Monday-Friday only.
Self-Guided Group Campus Tours
For larger groups (up to 150 students), groups with younger students, or groups that cannot find an available guided tour time, we offer two different self-guided tour options:
- Guidebook Tour App: The app will guide you through campus along our standard tour route, giving a detailed overview of campus life along the way. Groups selecting this option will need to bring their own devices and download the Guidebook App to access the tour.
- Campus Tour Scavenger Hunt: This is a paper-based scavenger hunt tour option intended for younger students. The tour is intended to last approximately 45 minutes. Printed copies of the scavenger hunt will be provided for each student in the group.
For all campus visit activities, please provide at least 10 business days advance notice.
- Once your campus visit is confirmed, you will receive detailed information regarding driving directions, parking, check-in location, etc. For questions, please contact the Group Visit Coordinator at 817-272-8687 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The earlier you schedule your visit, the better! We begin scheduling group tours one semester in advance. Fall tour registration opens in July, Spring registration opens in November, and Summer registration opens in April.
- Our 10:30 am time slot fills up the fastest. If you are interested in this morning tour, please schedule the tour as soon as you can.
- Fridays are the most popular days for tours. If you need a tour on a Friday, please schedule with us as soon as possible.
Additional Campus Activities
In addition to campus tours and information sessions, groups may supplement their visit with the activities below.
Enjoy lunch at the Connection Café in our University Center. Please contact LaNaya Gutierrez to make arrangements in advance: 817-272-2304. If you plan to bring sack lunches, your group may picnic on one of our beautiful outdoor spaces.
Housing facilities are not included as part of a group tour. If you are interested in scheduling a housing tour, please contact Michael Eldridge to arrange it. Please note the Housing Office only schedules tours for grades in high school and above. Availability is very limited.
The UTA Planetarium offers private showings for a separate fee ($5.00/person). Please contact the UTA Planetarium before your visit date to schedule a Planetarium show: 817-272-1183.
SCIENCE AMBASSADORS SHOW
The UTA Science Ambassadors Show is an educational and entertaining demonstration available for elementary, middle, and high school groups. Please contact the show coordinator to book your show in advance: 817-272-1098.
OFF CAMPUS ACTIVITIES
The Arlington Convention and Visitor's Bureau can help customize your visit with area recreational and educational opportunities, as well as lodging, transportation and dining options.