Scholarships and Financial Aid
Upward Bound Math, Science & Engineering Achievement Scholarship
The Upward Bound Math, Science & Engineering Achievement Scholarship is available to Upward Bound Math & Science participants who have graduated from high school and that attend UTA the fall semester after high school graduation.
The scholarship is valued at $1500 per year for Bridge participants and $1250 per year for non-Bridge participants and is renewable for up to 4 years. The awarded student must maintain a minimum grade point average for renewal eligibility. All Upward Bound Math & Science students are eligible to receive this scholarship if they attend UT Arlington the fall semester following high school graduation.
Participation in the Upward Bound Math & Science Center's Bridge Program increases the value of the awarded scholarship. Bridge participation is contingent upon active participation with the program throughout high school as well as meeting qualifications set by the Upward Bound Math & Science Center.
Upward Bound Math & Science Scholarship Requirements
- Maintain Full-Time Enrollment (at least 12 hours per semester)
- Scholarships will be awarded during the academic year during the Fall and Spring semesters (summer semesters are excluded).
|Academic Year||GPA Requirements||Example||GPA|
End of Summer II (Bridge students only)
|2.5||End of Summer 2020||2.5|
|End of 1st Year||2.5||End of Spring 2021||2.5|
|End of 2nd Year||2.75||End of Spring 2022||2.75|
|End of 3rd Year||2.75||End of Spring 2023||2.75|
|End of 4th Year||Graduation (no continuation)||End of Spring 2024||Finish|
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- Dell Scholars Program
- Gates Millennium Scholars
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Horatio Alger Scholarship
- Jackie Robinson Foundation
Scholarships that may be available this year
- Charles, Lela, and Mary Slough Foundation Scholarship
- Ron Brown Scholar Program
- SAE Engineering Scholarship Program
- The Mensa Foundation Scholarship Program
- Urban Scholarship Fund Program (Metropolitan Cities of Texas Only)
- UTA MavScholarshop (Entering/Current College Freshman Students Only)
Secure Your Future
Scholarship and Financial Aid Resources
Review different types of scholarship and financial aid resources to better plan your college journey.