Parking Changes for Fall 2022
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
The comprehensive list below outlines changes to Parking & Transportation at UTA for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
- One-Day Upgrades:
We understand you may have an occasional need that requires you to park closer. Responding to customer requests to park closer in under-utilized parking lots, the Parking Office is excited to launch a new pilot program to offer daily upgrade permits for customers that have an active annual, semester, or summer parking permit---- the Daily Upgrade permit.
The new Daily Upgrade permits will allow parking in a closer, under-utilized student upgrade, faculty/staff, or garage location starting at $2.99 per day! The intent of the Daily Upgrade permit is to accommodate the student or employee that has an occasional need to 'park up' for the day-- maybe it is for a big presentation, to avoid the heat or cold, or knowing you will be short on time. To be eligible, you must have a semester or annual parking permit. No Daily Upgrade permits will be available until early September due to high parking demand at the beginning of each semester.
- F-13 Reserved Spaces:
- Located between the College of Business and the College Park Center, the 14 reserved parking spaces in F13 are converting to shared-zone permits to accommodate more parkers. The 14 spaces will be adjusted based on the number of parking permits sold for this area. These spaces are only available after the Wings end their season in September and before they begin their season in April. During the Wings season, permit holders have access to the unreserved sections of faculty/staff lots.
- LOT 49 Student Upgrades:
- Due to demand, 88 additional parking stalls in LOT 49 will be converted to Student Upgrade. A portion of these stalls will eventually be labeled as reserved until 4pm instead of 7pm to allow more student commuters to use the unused spaces after peak demand each day.
- Lipscomb Parking: After Lipscomb Hall was demolished in Spring 2022, the parking lot was rebuilt with asphalt, restriped and renamed to LOT 45. The front three bays in the lot are reserved for Resident East parking while the back is reserved for event and student commuter parking. About 40 additional parking spaces were added to the student commuter section of the parking lot.
- The MavMover shuttle bus will operate two buses on Blue, Orange, Black and Red routes daily. Riders can track the bus and receive schedule announcements by downloading the DoubleMap app.
- The Late Night Security Escort Service will get a major update this Fall semester with the update from the TapRide app to the Transloc app. We are also expanding the off-campus stops to include 848 Mitchell, Downtown Arlington, Maverick Place, and The Arlie among all of the main campus!
- Off-Campus Transportation: Transportation Services will return the Green Shopping route to campus this Fall. This service was suspended during the pandemic. The bus will run between Walmart and the University Center every 15 minutes.
- Via will provide rides for enrolled students to the following student priority shopping destinations. Students can request a promo code for ten $1 discounts when the origin and destination start and end at one of these locations. Download the Via app to enter the promo code and get the discount.
- Destinations include Aldi, Parks Mall, Ben Thanh Plaza, Fielder Plaza, Target, and The Highlands.
- Arlington RAPID, Via's self-driving autonomous transportation system, has received funding for an additional 2.5 years of service from the North Central Texas Council of Governments! Riders can request an on-demand ride using the Via app.
- UTA Parking & Transportation launched the Blue Duck bikeshare program in February 2022. Unfortunately, Blue Duck was not able to stay in business and ceased operations on campus on July 3, 2022.