Skip to content


Drivers with Disabilities

Better Access

To be eligible to park in the spaces for disabled persons on campus, you must first possess or obtain a state-issued PwD parking permit and a valid UTA permit. A parking placard or plate is ONLY valid when being used by the person with the disability or someone who is driving the person with the disability.

Vehicles displaying a state-issued PwD placard are exempt from the requirement to pay a parking meter. However, the vehicle cannot remain parked past the maximum time allowed. Visit the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles website for more information.