Lyft for Business
Lyft is an official rideshare partner for UT Arlington. This partnership enables schools and departments to work with Lyft to set up transportation programs that support the needs of your department or school.
Examples of how departments can utilize Lyft for official business:
- Commute solutions
- Business travel direct billing and easy expensing
- Campus visitor transportation
- Patient or healthcare transportation to support research
- Student campus and off-campus mobility enhancement programs
- Event transportation
Note: All program options will require the liaison(s) to enable all available monitoring features within the Lyft program and have adequate procedures in place to confirm that all Lyft charges and rides are legitimate and appropriate.
- Resources for riders with disabilities
- Riders who use wheelchairs
- Riders who are blind or low-vision
- Riders with service animals
- Tutorials for creating accounts or requesting rides for those that use VoiceOver or TalkBack
- Lyft Pass: An automated way to provide rides that recur regularly.
- Fully or partially cover the cost of rides for eligible riders with a custom Lyft Pass program
- Add date, time, location, and ride type restrictions
- Share Pass with riders via text, email, or Lyft promo code
- Potential use cases: Shuttle augmentation, late night transportation, student airport rides, recurring volunteer transportation, campus visitor transportation, connections from campus to campus
- One-Time Pass - For one-off events or non-recurring rides.
- Departments can create a Lyft Pass for one-off events and non-recurring programs.
- Can be restricted by date, time, location, max redemptions, and value
- Potential use cases: Semester-long transportation benefit, University break airport travel, class field trip transportation, Greek Life recruitment events
- Business Travel Program: Allows faculty and staff to directly bill rides to a university cost center.
- Hassle-free expensing (integrates with Concur, Expensify)
- A simple way for faculty and staff to separate business-related rides from personal rides
- Potential use cases: Faculty and staff business travel; eliminates traditional expensing process.
- Concierge: Web-based portal for booking trips on a rider’s behalf.
- Lyft Concierge enables you to request rides for people who don't have the Lyft app
- A user-friendly booking interface compatible with any internet-enabled device.
- Potential use cases: Emergency ride home dispatch, rides to/from campus health center, research program participant travel, student volunteer transportation, class/group excursion/travel, dispatch rides for on-campus visitors
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up for an account or get more information?
- To get additional information on account setup for your department or Lyft product information, please fill out this inquiry form. For general questions, please contact email@example.com.
- How are these rides billed?
- Rides are billed by Lyft via monthly invoice, and you can pay via ACH, check, or card.
- Do we get discounts on Lyft or free rides?
- No, you will not receive free rides or discounted rates when you create a Lyft program.
Tips For Riding Smart with Lyft
- Verify your ride by making sure the license plate number, driver information, and car make and model match what you see in the app.
- Share your location and route with a friend or loved one from within the Lyft app so they can follow your ride in real-time.
- Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the app.
- Ask the driver to say who they are picking up.
- Learn more about how to ride smart with Lyft.
How to Get Started
For additional information or to enroll your department in a Lyft Program, please submit a program inquiry or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The UT Arlington Lyft Program team will reach out to discuss your transportation needs, provide training and program management resources, and work with you to set up your program.