Communication - MASTER'S (MA)
UTA's Master of Arts in communication is a unique theory and research-based program that blends the disciplines of communication studies and mass communication. Students work with the graduate advisor and committee to construct a unique program of study to meet their goals. Students may choose a thesis or non-thesis option to successfully fulfill program requirements.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master of Arts in communication is designed to provide a means of career enhancement for media and organizational professionals and for students who plan to pursue a Ph.D. degree. Students can choose the thesis (30 credit hours) or non-thesis (36 credit hours) degree plan. The curriculum is designed to meet the educational needs of college graduates and media professionals who need more specialized training for career advancement into media management, and organizational professionals who need to extend their knowledge of communication processes across different contexts.
- Senior Advertising/Public Relations Account Executive
- Broadcast News Director/Producer
- Senior Technology Instructor/Consultant
- Communication/Client Relations/Marketing Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- News Editor
- Philanthropic Fundraising
- PhD Programs and Non-Academic University Positions (e.g., Lecturer, Advising, Student Life)
- Health Communication
- Social Media Strategy
- Research and Public Policy
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Our 9:1 student-faculty ratio provides students with personalized attention from academic and professionally credentialed, award-winning faculty
- All students graduating from our program have been accepted when applying to Ph.D. programs
- Our program has the lowest tuition costs of comparable programs in the U.S. and U.K.
- Flexible degree program that supports students' career goals
- Professional friendly evening course schedules
- Opportunities to gain research experience in faculty-led projects
- Relationship-building with cohort of professionals from the DFW area, the 5th largest media market in the U.S.
Take the next step toward investing in yourself by learning more about our Communication - Master's (MA) program.