Accounting - BACHELOR'S (BS, BBA)
Accounting is the language of business and is an increasingly complex subject matter. To study accounting is to study information systems and controls, financial reporting, analysis, taxation, decision making, managing technology, developing business plans, and formulating business strategy.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The AACSB-accredited 120-credit-hour degree programs include 21 hours of accounting built around the core business curriculum. The accounting programs offer technical accounting knowledge in taxation and professional accounting that lead to an enriching career in private, public, and nonprofit sectors. Accounting undergraduate courses include:
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Federal Income Tax
- Cost Analysis and Decision-Making
- Management Planning and Control
- Governmental Accounting
- Admissions requirements and degree information in the University Catalog
- Degree curriculum
- Program accreditation
The traditional pathways of managerial, public, and general accounting have expanded, and accountants are becoming increasingly specialized. The primary areas of specialization are auditing, tax, accounting systems, cost accounting, budget and forecast accounting, and forensic accounting. Accountants may also specialize by industry. Some typical career paths are:
- Corporate Controller
- External Auditor
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Planner
- Forensic Accountant
- Partner in an International Accounting Firm
- Tax Adviser
BBA - Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
This option allows for a double major with another business area of study. Blending the BBA in accounting with the BBA in finance or the BBA in information systems is a current demand areas in the marketplace. Or a student may opt to include one of the various business certificates rather than the double major option.
BS - Bachelor of Science in Accounting
The BS in accounting varies slightly from the BBA and allows for an additional business elective in the 120-hour program.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- The UTA College of Business is in the top 100 nationally and top 50 public “Best Undergraduate Business Schools” by Poets & Quants (2021)
- Named #No.23 as a Top Value Undergraduate Business School by Poets & Quants (2021)
- Accounting internship for business course credit
- Facilitated admission, Fast Track accounting program or Professional Program in accounting to complete a MS in accounting or the MS in taxation
- Facilitated admission and Fast Track business options to complete a master’s degree in a variety of business programs
- Opportunity to participate in the College of Business Goolsby Leadership Academy
- In addition to a traditional daytime schedule, the degree can be completed with evening classes
Take the next step toward investing in yourself by learning more about our Accounting - Bachelor's (BS, BBA) program.