Department of Accounting
Accounting is the language of business and is an increasingly complex subject matter. This ensures there will always be a demand for specialists, who possess advanced knowledge of accounting. Earning a degree in accounting provides the skills needed to pursue this professional opportunity.
To study accounting is to study information systems and controls, financial reporting, analysis, taxation, decision-making, and managing technology, developing business plans, and formulating business strategy.
Individuals who like being challenged by a variety of situations and technologies and who enjoy identifying, analyzing, and solving problems are well-suited to majoring in accounting.
Our graduates work at:
- BDO Seidman, LLP
- Bell Helicopter Textron, Inc.
- Burlington Northern Santa Fe
- Deloitte & Touche, LLP
- Ernst & Young, LLP
- Grant Thornton
- Hartman, Walton, Leito & Bolt, LLP
- KPMG, LLP
- Lane Gorman Trubitt, LLP
- McCaslin & Co. PC
- McGladrey & Pullen, LLP
- Pickens, Snodgrass, Koch & Co, PC
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- Ryan & Company
- Rylander, Clay & Optiz, LLP
- Salmon, Beach & Co., PC
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- Social Security Administration
- Spitzer & Parker
- Sproles Woodard, LLP
- Stovall, Grandey & Whatley, LLP
- Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- TXU Business Services
- Weaver and Tidwell, LLP
- Whitley Penn
- Zale Corporation
UTA Accounting CPE DAY 2019
This annual event was established in 2011 as an educational opportunity for the Department of Accounting’s alumni and other accounting professionals, both locally and state-wide, to earn Continuing Professional Education credits required for the maintenance of Texas CPA licenses. A full day attendance earns CPAs eight credit hours in subjects ranging from audit, tax, accounting and ethics, among others. It also provides alumni and sponsors an opportunity to donate funds to the department’s graduate fellowship, which awards scholarships each year to high-achieving Accounting graduate students.
Accounting at UTA
- Fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Top 5% of Accounting Programs nationwide
- Ranks among the Top Ten Tax Programs nationally.
- Active internship program
- Multiple scholarships available (over $100K annually)
- GMAT waiver available
- Excellent salaries and employment rate
- Go at your own pace
- Get credit for prior course work
COB Suite 409,
701 S. West Street,
UTA Box 19468,