Courses and Schedules
Spring 2021 courses: Online, face-to-face or hybrid
Please note: This Spring 2021 Course Schedule is available to help students begin planning for the spring term. We anticipate the course schedule will be available in MyMav beginning in early November. The University works to minimize changes to course schedules after posting. However, because course offerings and schedules are revised to meet student, curricular and instructional needs, this preliminary schedule is not a guarantee of course availability nor teaching modality and is shared as a non-binding, informational document.
These definitions will help you in your course planning and correspond to what you will see in MyMav:
- Fully Online Option 1
- All instruction, activities and testing are online. All classes are asynchronous (recorded) with no required synchronous component.
- Fully Online Option 2
- All instruction, activities and testing are online but some or all may require synchronous class attendance or participation (dates specified in syllabus).
- Hybrid 1
- All instruction and activities are online. Testing and/or student presentations are F2F on specified dates and times.
- Hybrid 2
- A customized combination of online and face-to-face instruction and activities occur in the course. All students meet together either F2F or online.
- Hybrid 3
- A combination of online and face-to-face instruction and activities may be used as seat time is rotated among student groups.
- Hybrid 4
- Laboratory, studio or performance art classes ONLY. Customized scheduling including a combination of online and face-to-face instruction and activities based on course requirements.
- Face-to-face (F2F)
- The course is fully face-to-face.
You can also view a chart with these definitions (pdf).
*Updated October 22, 2020
Online Courses for International Students Outside the U.S.
UTA is aware of the difficulties posed by COVID 19 for our international students. In response to these challenges UTA is offering a range of courses that fit the degrees being taken by the majority of our international students.
Discover and cultivate your passions