The Executive MBA Program - AsiaExecutive EMBA is available in both China/Taiwan
The UT Arlington Executive MBA curriculum provides students with actionable information that can make an immediate difference in real-time business situations. Our approach is student-team based with an emphasis on current case studies, providing you with an optimum opportunity to practice high-level decision making in a collaborative environment.
Fourteen courses are taught in sequence*, beginning with a cohort orientation, and culminating with the two-week China immersion trip in the final semester. Classes meet for two weekends per month, typically alternating, over 15 months: Friday 1‑8 p.m., and Saturday 8 a.m.‑5 p.m.
The EMBA curriculum combines intellectual study with real-world, global-business savvy, and is a cornerstone upon which you can build the rest of your career.
For further inquiry, please contact:
Center for Global Academic Initiatives (CGAI)
701 S. West St., Suite 106, Arlington, Texas 76019
Criteria for Admission
The UT Arlington EMBA admission process takes a holistic view of the candidate to determine the likelihood of success in the program and the extent to which each candidate will contribute to the overall success of the class. Factors taken into account in evaluating a candidate include:
- Completion of a four-year undergraduate degree or internationally recognized equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience, with 2 years of managerial experience
- High potential for advancement and proven academic capability
- Ability to contribute to the Executive MBA experience
- Ability to read, write and speak English. If candidates do not have standardized tests results (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS), they will be required to take an in-house English test and pass an oral English interview. This requirement is waived for custom-designed cohorts for companies or government entities, which are taught in Mandarin.
- Strong interest in a U.S. educational experience
Official Documents Required by UT Arlington for Admission
- Official degree certificate/diploma *
- Official transcripts *
* (For Chinese universities, a copy of the original document with a university official red stamp will be acceptable. Both Chinese and official English versions are required.)
The program fee for 2015 is RMB 200,000. Future fees may be higher. This fee includes all teaching materials and access to UT Arlington online resources, as well as the physical and online resources of the partner university. Participants are responsible for any accommodation and travel expenses. An application fee of RMB 1,000 is also required.
What are some of the optional fees?
- Students who attend the graduation ceremony in the U.S. will be responsible for all costs incurred, including travel and local transportation.
- Cost of graduation regalia for attending the graduation ceremony at UT Arlington and photos taken by professional photographers during the graduation ceremony.
- Induction fee to Beta Gamma Sigma international business honor society.
- Verification of Certificate at CSCSE (Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange), Ministry of Education, PRC.
- Additional copies of degree and transcripts.
Contact Information China
UTA EMBA Liaison Office Room 304
Jing Guan Building
University of Science and Technology
30 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, China
Tel: 010-82375119, 13522063298
UTA EMBA Liaison Office Suite 2008
Multi-Function Building, Tongji University
No. 1239 Siping Rd, Shanghai 200092 China
Line: (86)21-65984968 13818257231
School of Management,
Xi’An Jiaotong University
28 Xianning West Road, Xi An, 710049 China
Contact Information Taiwan
Taiwan & Southeast Asia region
Tel: + 886-02-8772-0808
Executive Associate Director of UTA EMBA Program
Taiwan & Southeast Asia region
Cell(CN): 13521518649 (WeChat)
Cell(TW): +886914055188 (Whatsapp)
Rm. 322, 3F., Guanghua Building, NTUT, No. 1, Sec. 3, Zhongxiao E. Rd., Da’an Dist., Taipei City 106, Taiwan Tel: + 886-02-8772-0808
MBA Cohort for International Enterprise Managers
This is a full-time MBA cohort program. It is the existing MBA degree offered by UTA but, like other MBA Program offerings in place now, it will be geared towards the specific needs of particular markets. Increasingly, international business managers must have fluency in a second language as well as have earned an MBA. The length of the program is expected to ordinarily be 15 months. The UTA MBA program is AACSB accredited.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
The admission criteria consists of a holistic evaluation of the candidate record with the intent of determining the likelihood of successful completion of the program:
- Four year (or equivalent) recognized degree
- Academic achievement, including GPA, quality of institution and field of study as an undergraduate and in other college–level programs
- Work experience, including international experience, if available
- Letters of recommendation
- GMAT or GRE if available
- Fluency in English. Foreign students have fluency in their native language, and perhaps others, but when instruction is in English, there must be evidence of adequate comprehension/fluency in English. This can be provided in a number of ways, such as by submission of an adequate TOEFL score, or IELTS, or by personal interviews
Arlington, Texas 76019