Department of Finance & Real Estate
Finance draws upon concepts from economics, statistics, and mathematics to help investors and managers create value by efficiently allocating capital. In the area of real estate, these decisions revolve around real estate development, valuation, investment, management, and financing.
Reasons To Study Finance & Real Estate
- Hands-On Courses: Develop Expertise In Financial Analytics And Spreadsheet Modeling
- A Wide Selection Of Courses In Both Finance And Real Estate
- Access To The Financial Markets Lab, A State-Of-The-Art Facility That Provides Real-World Financial Market Experiences
- Access To Financial and Real Estate Databases and Software Such As Argus As Part Of Coursework
- Active Student Organizations With Networking Opportunities
- BBA-Finance Program Recognized As A Program Affiliated With The CFA Institute
- Exciting Career Opportunities
Finance & Real Estate Events
MONEY SMART WEEK
The Department of Finance and Real Estate at the UTA College of Business will host a series of financial literacy workshops as well as free credit counseling during Money Smart Week. This event happens during the month of April, on the UTA campus. UTA students and the Arlington community are invited to receive personal financial advice and credit consultations from financial services professionals 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the locations indicated below, all on the UTA campus. Experts from Dallas-Fort Worth area financial institutions will give free workshops on various topics to improve financial...
Sam Mahrouq Financial Markets Lab
The Sam Mahrouq Financial Markets Lab employs 10 Bloomberg terminals and features a ticker-tape board around the room that displays current financial market data. Video boards display current financial news, stock and commodity prices, and market indexes. The Bloomberg software system provides business students with near real-time financial market data, up-to-the-minute news, and financial markets analytics. A student-managed investment fund course provides hands-on experience with equity analysis and is paired with a Bloomberg Market Concepts 10-hour e-learning course for Bloomberg certification.