- Type A: Full-time BS-Econ or BBA-Econ majors in good academic standing who take 3318 in junior year and 4318 in junior or first semester of senior year, earning at least Bs in both, with overall GPA at least 3.5 (non-renewable) (expected award: $500)
- Type B: Full-time undergraduate BBA-Econ majors in good academic standing with overall GPA equal to or greater than 3.75 (expected award: $250, or, if 4.0, $500)
- Type C: Full-time undergraduate BS-Econ majors in good academic standing with overall GPA equal to or greater than 3.75 (expected award: $375, or, if 4.0, $750)
Spring 2023 Scholarship Opportunities Now Open
Economics undergraduates and graduate students may apply for an economics department scholarship by logging into uta.academicworks.com, creating an account, and using the search term "economics."
The deadline for applying is 11:59pm on 02.15.2023.
As we are required by the State of Texas to adhere to the intentions of our donors, the Economics Department is unable to award scholarships to students who are not enrolled in economics degree programs and who do not meet the other qualifications stated below.
If you are an undergraduate, check your transcript before applying. If it lists your major as "Economics Intended" then you do not currently qualify for one of these scholarships. See your advisor for details.
All scholarships are competitive and are contingent on the availability of funds and the discretion of the scholarship committee. Dollar amounts shown below are expected but not guaranteed. If any recipient switches their major during the semester they receive an economics department scholarship then they agree to reimburse the scholarship fund for the total amount awarded. If a student qualifies for two scholarship types, the committee will only give them the largest of the two (one award per student).
- Type 1: Full-time graduate students in their first semester in the MS-Econ program and in good academic standing (expected award: $1000)
- Type 2: Continuing graduate students (either part-time or full-time) in the MS-Econ program and in good academic standing with a minimum 3.4 GPA; students may receive this scholarship more than once (expected award: $450 if GPA is 3.4-3.5999; $700 if GPA is 3.6-3.9999; $950 if GPA is 4.0)