Can You Be a Successful Sales Professional?
The truth is, no one can really answer this question only you. However, you do not need to be concerned if you think you never have sold anything. You probably have.
- Have you ever coached a team?
- Have you ever planned a meeting?
- Have you asked someone out for a date?
- Do you describe products or services you have purchased and used and recommend them to your friends?
- Do you act with integrity?
- Are you a good communicator?
- Do you have creativity (not artistic, but the ability to solve problems)
- Have you ever been passionate about something?
- Are you a good listener?
- Do you describe products or services you have purchased and used?
- Do you have confidence in your abilities?
- Do you work hard?
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions then you have done some things that fit with what sales professionals do. You have demonstrated skills that successful sales professionals use. You have simply demonstrated them in other settings. These skills are transferable to sales!!!!!
Before you decide one way or another, you owe it to yourself to do your homework. Click on Do I Fit in a Selling Career to assess your skills as they apply to a career in sales.
For those of you who have demonstrated these skills, transferring them to a career is sales in about training and learning. The Professional Selling Program at UT Arlington provides just such opportunities to learn and train. You have already demonstrated you have the skills required to be successful. You just have to learn how to apply them in a sales setting. As you look into the future, click on The Sales Professional of Tomorrow…Today for a quick look at how sales careers will be evolving.