Economics - BACHELOR'S (BS, BBA)
Economics studies the behavior of people and firms in making decisions about the allocation of scarce resources and examines the structure of the economy as a whole. Economists may research energy costs, inflation, interest rates, trade, and employment to monitor and forecast economic trends.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The AACSB-accredited 120 credit-hour degree programs include 15-24 hours of economics built around the core business curriculum. Economics undergraduate courses include:
- Money and Banking
- Sports Economics and Business
- Economics of Public Policies
- Environmental Economics
- Games and Decision-Making
- International Trade
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Economic Forecasting
- Admissions requirements and degree information in the University Catalog
- Degree curriculum
- Program accreditation
The six main career paths for economics graduates are government, marketing, human resources, banking, finance, or investment. Some of the typical career paths are:
- Actuarial Analyst
- Credit/Industry/Litigation/Population Analyst
- Financial Economist
- Government/Health Care Administrator
- Labor Economist
- Securities Trader
- Urban/Regional Planner
- Wage and Salary Administrator
BBA - Bachelor of Business Administration in Economics
This option allows for 15 advanced hours in economics and the inclusion of a double major with another business area of study. Blending the BBA in economics with the BBA in finance is a current demand area in the marketplace. There is also the opportunity to include one of the various business certificate programs.
BS - Bachelor of Science in Economics
The BS in economics incorporates an intense focus on economics and data analytics with 24 hours of advanced economics courses in the 120-hour program.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- The UTA College of Business is in the top 100 nationally and top 50 public “Best Undergraduate Business Schools” by Poets & Quants (2021)
- Named #No. 23 as a Top Value Undergraduate Business School by Poets & Quants (2021)
- Economics internship for business course credit
- Facilitated admission and Fast Track business options to complete a master’s degree in a variety of business programs, including the MS in economic data analytics
- Opportunity to participate in the College of Business Goolsby Leadership Academy
- In addition to a traditional daytime schedule, the degree can be completed with evening classes
Take the next step toward investing in yourself by learning more about our Economics - Bachelor's (BBA, BS) program.