Skip to content

Information for Graduate Students


How to Apply

Online Application

Instructions for applying online:

  1. You will be prompted to create a username and password when you login to the online application. Please save this information for later use. Once you have completed the application, you will be given an Application ID Number that you must save as well. You can use your Application ID Number to reference all your application materials.
  2. Save each page of the application as you complete it.
  3. Once you have completely filled out your application, you must save your completed application and then submit the application. Please note, you may only submit one application at a time, and may only be considered for admission to one program at a time.


Application Fees

A non-refundable fee as indicated below is required:

  • US Citizen and US Resident Alien Applicants with NO foreign college or university course work: $40
  • US Citizen and US Resident Alien Applicants WITH foreign college or university course work: $90
  • International Applicants: $90

Fee Waivers

Certain fee waivers may apply. For more information, please contact Admissions.

Payment Methods

Credit Card (preferred method)

To minimize delays, pay by credit card at the time the graduate online application is submitted. The following credit cards are accepted: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.

If you have already submitted an online application without a payment, you can pay it now via credit card.

Check or Money Order (drawn in US dollars)

If you are unable to pay by credit card at the time you submit the online application, you can mail in a personal check or money order. To ensure that your payment is received and applied to your application, please remember:

  • Your check/money order must be in US dollars, US issued, and must be payable to UT Arlington.
  • Your check/money order must be attached to a cover letter that includes the following information:
    • Your full name exactly as is appears on the application
    • Date of birth
    • Email address
    • Application ID number
    • Program to which you are applying
  • Mail your check/money order to Admissions.

Application Materials

All supporting application materials become the property of The University of Texas at Arlington upon receipt and cannot be returned.

Official Transcripts

You are required to submit an official transcript from each college or university you attended to Admissions.

US Transcripts

Official transcripts from US institutions are those mailed directly to Admissions by the Registrar of the institution at which the work was attempted or completed or upon review an official original “issued to student” transcript with the official university seal and signature of the Registrar. Official original “issued to student” transcripts may be mailed or hand-carried to Admissions. U.S. institutions may opt to send electronic transcripts through an official transcript service. These transcripts should be sent directly from the institution or the transcript service. Scanned and emailed copies sent by the student are not official.

UT Arlington Transcripts

Currently or previously enrolled UT Arlington students do not need to request their UT Arlington transcript be forwarded.

Foreign Transcripts

Official foreign country transcripts or marksheets and diplomas are those bearing the original seal of the institution and the original signature of the Registrar or responsible head of the institution. Those not issued in English must be accompanied by an exact word for word original English translation bearing the original university or translation agency attestation. They may be mailed to Admissions by the institution or applicant or delivered in person to Admissions. Those delivered in person can be released back to the applicant or the applicant’s representative after verification and attestation by an Admissions representative.

Standardized Tests

You are required to request that an official score report from ETS-TOEFL, ETS-GRE, IELTS and/or GMAC (GMAT) be sent to UT Arlington Admissions. Our institution code for ETS-TOEFL and ETS-GRE is 6013. UT Arlington only accepts paper copies of IELTS scores sent directly from the British Council.

TOEFL, TSE, TOEFL iBT and IELTS Test Score Minimums

An applicant whose native language is not English is required to submit a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL, 213 on the computer-based TOEFL, 79 on the TOEFL iBT, or 6.5 on the IELTS. Some programs may require a higher minimum for admission. Review the Program and Certificate information or the University Catalog carefully for program specific test score requirements. An applicant whose native language is not English is not required to submit a  TOEFL, TOEFL iBT, TSE or IELTS for admission purposes if he or she holds a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution.

Official GRE or GMAT test scores

Official acceptable scores are required as specified by the applicants program of intended admission. Review the Program, Certificate or the University Catalog carefully for program specific test score requirements.

Program Specific Requirements

You are required to submit program specific requirements to the Graduate Advisor of your intended program. Please go to the program website or the University Catalog for the mailing address. Each program has developed a set of discipline specific criteria that are used in holistic approach to access an applicants readiness for graduate study. Multiple factors are evaluated and no single factor can by itself determine whether an applicant is offered or denied admission. The most common program specific requirements are academic plans and letters of recommendations.

Academic Plans

In a statement of approximately 200 words describe your main academic interest, strengths, and limitations at this time; explain why you wish to study for this degree in a particular field, why you have chosen UT Arlington and specify what you personally hope to accomplish during your program here.

Recommendation Forms

Many programs require a Recommendation Form (PDF, 249KB) from 3 undergraduate faculty. For the convenience of the recommender you may furnish him or her with the recommendation form provided and a stamped envelope addressed to the Graduate Advisor in your intended program. Some UT Arlington academic departments use their own recommendation forms. Check with your graduate advisor to find out if your department requires a different recommender form.

Other program specific requirements

Examples are a Writing Sample, Portfolio of Work, Publications or Curriculum Vitae. Review the Program and Certificate information or the University Catalog for other program specific requirements.

International Student Financial & Immigration Documentation

You are required to submit this information by uploading them to our document submission form you may also submit these documents by mail. International students enrolling in F and J visa status are required to submit a Passport Copy and Financial Forms that verify sufficient funds to meet the educational and living expense amount for students at UT Arlington. The Passport Copy is needed to assure proper spelling and recording of the students’ name. The Financial Forms are needed for issuance of the immigration document Form I-20 or Form DS-2019. Students enrolling in H or other visa status must submit verification of that status. Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S. must submit a copy of their legal permanent resident card.

Financial / Immigration Forms

Forms for international student applicants who are academically admitted but required to submit financial or immigration forms to finalize admission may be accessed below. Although there is no official deadline for submission of the financial forms, and they may be submitted once the admission decision is made, applicants are encouraged to submit financial forms early, in order to allow adequate time for issuance of the I-20, and securing a visa for study in the U.S.  In lieu of the financial forms, applicants may submit a bank statement or letter from a bank stating the balance of liquid funds available. Please note, a passport copy is required with the submission of financial documents. Financial and immigration forms can be scanned and uploaded to our document submission form.

International Students Currently Enrolled in Educational Institutions in the U.S.

Immigration and Naturalization Service regulations require confirmation that students in the U.S. on an F-1 (student) visa must have established transfer eligibility before transfer is initiated by the new institution. Please follow the instructions on the form.

Facebook Twitter
Financial Aid TV