Returning Students

We're here to help you get back on track, back in classes, and across the stage at graduation as soon as possible.

Students First. Excellence Always

returning students

You're a returning undergraduate student, or former undergraduate student, if you have not been enrolled at UTA for one calendar year. You must reapply for undergraduate admission by submitting a new Apply Texas application and a new application fee to the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration. Applications are being accepted for future terms.
Jason Flake in the UTA camous

Application Priority Dates

Fall: February 15
Spring: October 15
Summer: April 1

Applications are still accepted after the priority dates for each term, however for guaranteed consideration of admission, please submit the application and required documents by the priority date. We will process your application as quickly as possible and every attempt will be made to ensure consideration for the desired semester. 

Scholarship and Financial Aid Deadlines

Please note that the scholarship and financial aid application deadlines are earlier.

Federal Student Aid: January 15

Please complete your 2021-2022 FAFSA application, turn in all requested documents, and be admitted to UTA by January 15, 2021, in order to qualify for maximum grant funding for the 2021-2022 aid year.

Students who complete applications or are admitted after January 15 will receive a financial aid offer based on available funds at the time the application is completed.

Financial Aid

Admissions options for returning students


You are a continuing student if you have been officially enrolled at UTA during the calendar year and you are in good academic standing. You will not need to reapply for admission in order to re-enroll in classes. You should meet with your academic advisor prior to registration. If you attended another college or university during this time you will need to submit official transcripts to the Office of Admissions, Records, and Registration.

UTA Advisors


You may be required to obtain special permission to re-enroll from either the academic dean's office in your intended major or from the University Advising Center if you were placed on academic probation or suspension at UTA. This requirement will be on your To-Do list in MyMav, if required.


If you have attended another college or university since last attending UTA. You will need to submit a new application and pay the application fee. You must also submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended since last being enrolled at UTA. We will accept transcripts by mail or in person, however the best and fastest method is electronically--sent directly from your school.


If you have not attended another college or university since last attending UTA you only need to submit a new application and pay the application fee. We encourage you to apply by the preferred application deadline date to ensure adequate processing time.