Transient Students

Attend UTA for one semester to complete some of your coursework!

Transient students are students who are pursuing their degree at another college or university but wish to attend UTA for one semester to complete some of their program coursework.

Students who wish to enroll as transient students must submit an admission application, application fee, and official transcripts. Admittance requires good standing at the student's home institution. Transient students will be classified as non-degree-seeking students and, therefore, are not eligible for financial aid through UTA.

Transient students cannot enroll for two consecutive semesters at UTA. If a transient student wants to transfer to UTA, they must apply for admission according to the procedures, criteria and deadlines for transfer admissions. Once transient students are admitted as transfer students, they are immediately subject to the UTA's academic regulations and the rules of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI).

How To Apply

  1. Submit the Application

    Apply Now Through ApplyTexas
  2. Pay The Application Fee

    If you did not submit your application fee at the time of submitting your admissions application, you can pay it online. All documents and fees must be provided so we can provide you with an admission decision. Pay Your Application Fee
  3. Submit Official Transcripts

    You need to submit only the official transcripts from your home campus (school you are currently attending) and you must be in good standing with that institution. The fastest method is electronically--sent directly from your school. If you are asked for an email address, use However, we will accept transcripts by mail or in person. Learn More About Submitting Transcripts
  4. Track Admissions Status

    Track the status of your admission through your MyMav student portal. Learn More About Accessing MyMav