UTA students with a temporary financial hardship resulting from a sudden emergency may apply for financial help.
- Applicants must have a temporary financial hardship resulting from a sudden emergency, accident or unforeseen event
- The student’s capability to attend UTA must be at jeopardy due to the emergency
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at UTA during the semester they seek financial assistance
- Other possible financial resources must have been considered and are insufficient or not available in a timely manner
- Funds are awarded only to the recipient
- Applications must be able to provide requested documentation
Students need to apply online
- Proper documentation must be provided within the application and/or during a meeting with the EAF representative this may include but not limited to:
- Applicant’s monthly budget
- Documentation of the crisis situation: photo’s, doctor’s note, insurance claim, etc.
- Bills or invoices for payments to be made
- A representative of the EAF committee will call the student for more information and/or to set a meeting with the student within a timely manner of the application submission
- The student will receive a notice of their application being approved or denied through their UTA email account
- Funds will be available as university policy allows
- After the funds have been distributed, the student must provide receipts showing the money was used for the reasons specified in the application