Program Admissions Test TEAS
- Pre-Licensure BSN students admitted to UT Arlington fall 2017 and after - as freshman or transfer students - are required to take the TEAS exam for their standardized admission exam to the upper-division nursing program.
***ATTENTION TESTERS: Due to COVID, TEAS attempts have increased to $70.00 + tax. Remember that you must change/modify your appointment at least 48 hours in advance of your appointment date or you will forfeit your test appointment fees, please plan accordingly.***
- The TEAS exam is a four-hour, computer-administered exam required for application to UTA’s Pre-Licensure BSN programs.
- There are four exam sections: Reading, Math, Science, and English and Language Usage.
- UTA’s Pre-Licensure BSN program requires a minimum score in the "proficient" range in each section to be eligible to apply. The cut off point of what is "proficient" is usually at or above 58.7%
- The TEAS exam can be taken every 30 days with a maximum of 3 times a year.
- If the TEAS exam is repeated, all sections must be re-taken. Submitted scores must be from the same test administration.
- Passing scores are valid for 2 years.
The Health Careers Institute here on campus offers a TEAS exam prep class. You can find more information, including class dates and how to register on their website.
Please review the general Policies and Procedures page for more information.
TEAS REGISTRATION FOR IN-PERSON TESTING (THREE STEP PROCESS)
1. CREATE AN ACCOUNT WITH ATI FOR THE TEAS.
For instructions to set up an ATI account, visit this How-To Document. The ATI (TEAS) platform will allow students to purchase exams, manage personal information prior to taking the exam, search for test centers, select score recipient institution(s), and purchase study materials.
If you wish to purchase study material from the test company, please visit http://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/. Once you set up your ATI account, make sure to note your username and password for the TEAS account. This information is required to take your TEAS exam.
2. REGISTER THROUGH REGISTERBLAST AND PAY UTA'S PROCTOR FEE
You may schedule your appointment on the UTA Testing Services Scheduling site. All UTA students must use 10-digit ID number.
Fees: $50 non-refundable administration fee payable to UTA; and $70 *+ tax exam fee to ATI. (*refer to fee table in step 3 below).
3. ON TEST DAY - AT THE TESTING CENTER
You must bring the following to the testing center on the day of the exam:
Valid Government issued ID.
ATI Username and Password (please verify accuracy ahead of time).
Credit/Debit card (ATI requires the TEAS exam to be purchased through their website immediately before taking the exam in the testing center lab).
|If you take exam:||The ATI TEAS exam fee is:|
|September 1, 2019 to April 2020||Regular ATI TEAS price: $65.00 + tax|
|COVID-19 increase beginning April 2020||Temporary ATI TEAS price: $70.00 + tax|