Program Admissions Test TEAS
***ATTENTION TESTERS: Due to COVID, TEAS attempts have increased to $70.00 + tax. Remember that you must change/modify your appointment at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment or you will forfeit your test appointment fees, please plan accordingly.***
- The TEAS exam is a four-hour, computer-administered exam required for application to UTA’s Pre-Licensure BSN programs.
- There are four exam sections: Reading, Math, Science, and English and Language Usage.
- UTA’s Pre-Licensure BSN program requires a minimum score in the "proficient" range in each section to be eligible to apply. The cut off point of what is "proficient" is usually at or above 58.7%
- The TEAS exam can be taken every 30 days with a maximum of 3 times a year.
- If the TEAS exam is repeated, all sections must be re-taken. Submitted scores must be from the same test administration.
- Passing scores are valid for 2 years.
- Pre-Licensure BSN students admitted to UT Arlington fall 2017 and after - as freshman or transfer students - are required to take the TEAS exam for their standardized admission exam to the upper-division nursing program.
The Health Careers Institute here on campus offers a TEAS exam prep class. You can find more information, including class dates and how to register on their website.
Please review the general Policies and Procedures page for more information.
TEAS TEST REGISTRATION - THREE STEP PROCESS
1. REGISTER THROUGH REGISTERBLAST AND PAY UTA'S PROCTOR FEE
You may schedule your appointment on the UTA Testing Services Scheduling site. To register as a UTA student, you must have your 10-digit ID number.
Fees: $70 non-refundable proctoring fee payable to UTA; and a test credit fee payable to ATI (see below).
2. CREATE AN ACCOUNT WITH ATI FOR THE TEAS.
For instructions to setup and ATI account, visit this How-To Document. The ATI (TEAS) platform will allow students to purchase exams, manage personal information prior to taking the exam, search for test centers, select score recipient institution(s), and purchase study materials. If you wish to purchase study material from the test company, please visit http://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/ to purchase your study materials. Once you register on ATI, make sure to note your username and password for the TEAS account you create, as you will need it to take your test. You cannot take your TEAS test without knowing the email address and password used when registering your account on the ATI website!
3. ON TEST DAY - AT THE TESTING CENTER
TEAS requires that you go to their web site and pay their testing fee on the day of the test. When you come to take the exam, make sure your bring a credit card with you to purchase your exam and valid government issued ID.
|If you take exam:||The ATI TEAS exam fee is:|
|September 1, 2019 to April 2020||Regular ATI TEAS price: $65.00 + tax|
|COVID-19 increase beginning April 2020||Temporary ATI TEAS price: $70.00 + tax|
Again, this fee is just the purchase price of the exam, the proctor fee (in part 1 above) is separate.
Final scores are posted approximately two (2) weeks after you take the TEAS Exams. To see if your University has received your scores, contact your Admissions office. If you are a UTA student, you can see the scores in your MyMav degree plan. To locate your scores log into your MyMav account-> under Academic Record (left hand side)-> click on your degree plan-> scroll down to the bottom of the page. You may also contact our office at email@example.com. TEAS scores are valid for two years.