Giving to the College
The teaching and research being done in the UTA College of Science is changing the world and improving lives. The College of Science is building relationships in the community to benefit alumni, current and future students, industry, employers, and the College itself.
Our community partnerships enable experiential learning through co-ops and internships; employer and alumni recruiting; sponsored scholarships; on-site field trips; K-12/STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) activities; and industry advisory board membership.
Please consider giving to the College of Science. Every gift matters, regardless of its size. Your gift, in the form and for the purpose you choose, will play a crucial role in the continuing success of Maverick Scientists. Your gifts enrich our students' educational experience and increase the College of Science's competitive edge among its peers.
Your gift makes a difference
UTA's donors are builders. They relish the prospect of making a direct, transformational impact through their gifts. And those gifts — along with the professorships, endowed chairs, and academic initiatives they've created — are already starting to reap benefits. The support that the University and the College of Science receive helps us transform lives and find solutions to today's most pressing problems.
Support the College of Science at UTA. Your gift could fund a professorship, provide valuable equipment for research and teaching, or help a student fulfill his or her academic dreams. There are a variety of areas to direct your gift:
- Dean's Excellence Fund for Students: This very important fund allows the Dean to cover a variety of expenses, such as special projects, student scholarships, and travel grants for students presenting papers at professional meetings. The Dean's Excellence Fund is a great way to provide general support to the College of Science.
- The Planetarium at UTA: With a 60-foot diameter dome and state of the art projection system, The Planetarium at UTA is one of the largest and most sophisticated in the state of Texas. The planetarium brings a variety of educational and entertaining public shows to campus and serves hundreds of UTA students and thousands of K-12 students from around the Metroplex each year.
- UTeach Arlington: This highly successful science and mathematics teacher preparation program is equipping today's students with the classroom knowledge and field experience they need to become innovative teachers and mentors. Early field experiences in K-12 schools, guidance from Master Teachers, and scholarship and internship opportunities are hallmarks of the program, which allows students to earn a degree and their teacher certification within a 4-year timeframe.
- Scholarships: These can be either annual gifts or gifts made through an endowed fund. The minimum gift required to create an endowed scholarship is $25,000. Donors select an area of focus--such as a particular academic discipline, level of scholastic achievement, or leadership criteria--and partner with the University to ensure their gift remains an enduring expression of their interest and passion. A complete list of College of Science scholarships available to students each year can be found here.
- Tribute Gifts: A gift to the College of Science is a wonderful way to honor a family member, friend, or someone of significance in your life. Beyond recognizing and honoring individuals, these gifts provide important support to students and faculty, enhancing the academic experience and programs. Tribute gifts can be designated to specific funds or programs in accordance with the interest and intent of the family or donor. When you make a tribute gift, the honoree or family will be notified of your thoughtfulness. The University will provide them with your address, but not the amount of your gift.
To make a donation toward a specific College of Science scholarship or to make a tribute gift, please contact Christie Eckler, College of Science Director of Development, at 817-272-1497 or email@example.com.
How to Donate
Your gift to the College of Science helps provide the resources to support a new generation of outstanding students and the work of a superior faculty. Please make a difference by giving now.
- By Credit/Debit Card Online
You can give a gift to the College of Science instantly by completing the Give Now online credit card form. It's an easy and secure way to ensure your gift immediately benefits the program or programs of your choice.
- By Check
Please make your check payable to The University of Texas at Arlington with gift use designation (such as endowment, scholarship, or Dean's Excellence Fund) and mail to:College of Science Office of the Dean, The University of Texas at Arlington, Attn: Carolyn Stuart, Box 19047, Arlington, TX 76019-0047
- By Phone
Please call Carolyn Stuart, College of Science Development Assistant, at 817-272-3034. To learn more, please visit the Office of Development and Alumni Relations website.