Life Sciences Building, Room 206
501 S. Nedderman Drive
Arlington, TX 76019
About the College of Science
The College of Science is pushing the boundaries of knowledge by equipping students to innovate, discover, and learn. We have almost 4,000 students in six departments: Biology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Earth & Environmental Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, and Psychology, as well as our new Data Science program. We offer more than 50 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs, including innovative fast-track programs in select departments which allow students to earn advanced degrees in a shorter period of time than traditional degree programs.
Our award-winning faculty is internationally recognized and provides the chance for students to become involved in multidisciplinary research from their first year on campus. Learning in world-class facilities and utilizing state-of-the-art laboratory equipment gives our students a head start in today’s highly competitive job market.
UTA is classified as a Research 1 University - Highest Research Activity by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Our faculty is doing groundbreaking research, funded by organizations such as the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, NASA, and others. The work they and their students are doing in the lab addresses issues critical to health and the human condition, global environmental impact, sustainable urban communities, and data-driven discovery – the four main themes of the University’s Strategic Plan 2020.
In our College, world-class research goes hand-in-hand with innovative classroom education. Our faculty members have won numerous University, UT System and national awards for their teaching, and our academic advisors are highly knowledgeable in guiding students and helping them stay on track to achieving their educational goals. UTA and the College of Science offer various resources and academic support services to help students succeed, and a host of pre-professional and social organizations provide opportunities for students to meet and network with alumni and professionals in a variety of fields.
We have more than 500,000 square feet of education and research space in the following campus buildings:
- Life Sciences Building (LSB) – Dean’s Office; Department of Biology office; Department of Psychology office; lab and classroom space for biology and psychology; Science Learning Center
- Science Hall (SH) – Department of Physics office; UTeach Arlington offices; lab and classroom space for chemistry, physics, and UTeach Arlington
- Geoscience Building (GS) – Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences office; lab and classroom space for EES
- Pickard Hall (PKH) – Department of Mathematics office; classroom and resource space for mathematics
- Chemistry & Physics Building (CPB) – Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry office; UTA Planetarium; lab and classroom space for chemistry and physics
- Chemistry Research Building (CRB) – Lab and classroom space for chemistry & biochemistry
- Engineering Research Building (ERB) – Lab and classroom space for biology, physics, and psychology
- Science & Engineering Innovation & Research Building (SEIR) – Lab space for multidisciplinary research
We have more than 21,000 alumni, the majority of whom live here in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, and they are making significant contributions in their chosen fields as well as in their communities. We are extremely proud of them, and their success inspires our current Maverick Science students.
We invite you to explore our website and learn how you can achieve your educational goals by becoming a Maverick Scientist!