Department of Modern Languages
230 Hammond Hall, Box 19557
701 Planetarium Place
Arlington, Texas 76019
Language skills are always in demand. In fact, 90% of U.S. employers report a reliance on U.S.-based employees with skills in languages other than English. We offer programs in American Sign Language, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Korean, Russian, and Spanish.Learn More about our Undergraduate Programs
EXPERIENTIAL MAJOR MAPS
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN CRITICAL LANGUAGES AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES IN CHINESE
- Bachelor of Arts in Critical Languages and International Studies in German
- Bachelor of Arts in Critical Languages and International Studies in Korean
- Bachelor of Arts in Critical Languages and International Studies in Russian
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN FRENCH GLOBAL STUDIES
Dr. Sonia Kania receives grant to revise Certificate in...
Revising the Certificate in Medical Humanities is a project led by a multidisciplinary cohort of 16 faculty members...
Spanish faculty receive grant to participate in consortium...
The multi-institution collaboration will report on sustainability of Latino Studies across the Humanities
CLIS-Korean alumna lands role at global language service...
The UTA graduate credits training in the Department of Modern Languages for job readiness
UTA faculty aim to improve language education in North Texas
NSA grant to fund educator training in proficiency-based curriculum