CARES ACT – Report and Disclosure
The University of Texas at Arlington acknowledges that it signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and gives assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that UTA has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $10,588,594.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of July 2, 2020 is $8,909,500.
- The estimated total number of students at UTA who are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 17,500.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of July 2, 2020 is 10,077.
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act are as follows:
- Students who completed the CARES Act Emergency Grant fund application
- Award priority will be given to students with the highest need as demonstrated either through the calculated EFC from the FAFSA or other factors. The date eligible students complete the application will also be used in making awards.
- Standard amounts will be awarded with the goal to assist as many students as possible with a meaningful dollar amount. Eligible full time students will receive up to $1,000 per term and students enrolled less than full time will receive up to $500 per term.
- Instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants are:
- Letter to eligible students
- Information regarding the facts surrounding the CARES Act and the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund is prominently displayed in the University’s CARES Act FAQ page.
- UTA News Center story