Communications, marketing awards for UTA
The University Advancement communications team earned more than a dozen awards for its “innovative, creative and powerful” storytelling, digital communications, magazines, photography and design from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
The annual awards celebrate the best work in educational advancement in the Southwest region, which comprises Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana.
“CASE awards such as these are a privilege because they are determined by higher education communications, marketing and advancement peers,” said Joe Carpenter, senior associate vice president for University Advancement and chief communications officer. “This year’s awards serve as special recognition of the talent and professionalism of UTA’s communications and marketing team. They are dedicated to telling the story of UTA’s students, faculty, researchers, staff and alumni.”
There were more than 400 entries. UTA was recognized for the following work:
- Digital communications—Social Media: UTA Quarantine Cribs Episodes
- Communications Improvement: 2020 President’s Report
- Digital Magazines: UTA Magazine, Winter 2020
- Photography Series: Sunrise Campus Series
- Multipage Publication Design: Admissions Viewbook
- Editorial Design: UTA Magazine—Student-powered discovery
- Writing—Feature—Fewer than 1,000 Words: 50 years after leaving to serve, Vietnam War vet graduates from UTA
- Writing—General News: Testing asphalt for Texas roads
- Writing—Research, Medicine and Science News: Student-powered discovery
- Writing—Research, Medicine and Science News: When disaster strikes
- Writing—Series or Collection: Mavericks on the front lines