Contact Media Relations
Media Relations is responsible for proactively communicating news and information regarding the University’s achievements, faculty research, academic programs and events to the local, regional, national and international news media. We encourage faculty members and senior administrators to interact with the news media regarding their areas of expertise.
701 S. Nedderman Drive
Arlington, TX 76019
Location: 421 E.E. Davis Hall
What do we do?
- Position UTA, its students and faculty, in the news to enhance the visibility and reputation of the University.
- Identify and actively promote potential news stories that reinforce the academic, research and community service missions of UTA.
- Identify faculty experts as sources for media interviews, prepare them if needed and connect them with reporters, editors and producers.
- Publish and distribute news releases about significant University developments, research activity and student and faculty achievements.
- Collaborate with partner institutions to develop and distribute news releas
What is news?
- Something new.
- Breakthrough discoveries and innovation.
- Major grants, philanthropic gifts, new UTA partnerships with business.
- Interesting students, faculty and researchers.
- Faculty experts who comment on issue of the day.
We do not produce:
- Advertising and advertorial copy.
- Web content for University departments or divisions.
- Departmental newsletter content.
- Graphics, art or logos.
University Communications – Marketing
- Please contact University Communications – Communications and Marketing for questions about branding, marketing, advertising, the University’s websites, or institutional logo use.
- UTA logos are available online for download at www.uta.edu/ucomm/identity/logo/index.php.
- Please see the University’s Social Media Guidelines for information about use of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media channels. See a list of social media channels.