PO Box 19120 • Arlington, TX 76019
Phone: 817-272-3365 • Fax: 817-272-3355
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: INTERCULTURAL COMPETENCE, KNOWLEDGE OF CIVIC RESPONSIBILITY AND THE ABILITY TO ENGAGE EFFECTIVELY IN REGIONAL, NATIONAL, AND GLOBAL COMMUNITIES.
Contemporary society expects heightened political, financial, and social responsibility from its citizens. Likewise, employers expect its employee teams to be equipped with an understanding of social responsibility and the ability to utilize related skills in the workplace. his push towards responsibility can come in the form of environmental accountability, social justice policies, anti-discrimination policies, and missions that value a whole, healthy, and livable world. Employers are looking for new hires that can understand and model these same attributes. UTA understands that once students are able to recognize their responsibilities to their community, they will be better prepared to recognize their role in society as a whole. UTA is particularly interested in evaluating cultural self-awareness, knowledge of cultural worldview frameworks, empathy, verbal and nonverbal communication, curiosity, and openness. The rubrics used by UTA to evaluate social responsibility skills, appear below, along with results reports from Core Curriculum Objective assessment activities here at UTA.
- UTA Social Responsibility Rubric
- Ethical Reasoning- VALUE Rubric
- Civic engagement – local and global
- Intercultural knowledge and competence
- Foundation and skills for lifelong learning
- Global learning
Results Reports: Social Responsibilities
- 2016 Social Responsibility Assessment Report
- Report on the Signature Assignment in Introduction to Sociology Courses
- Report on the Signature Assignment in Political Science Core Curriculum Courses