The primary function of the Mail Services Group (MS) is to process all mail for departments, faculty, staff and students electing to use the UC mail service including both United States Postal Service mail for the 76019 zip code and interdepartmental mail for the UTA campus.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail daily for each department on campus.
- Performs permit mailings for departments according to USPS guidelines.
- Performs special pickup and delivery when required by a department.
- Supplies USPS stamps, mailing forms, tubs, mail trays and postal updates to the departments.
- Distributes campus mail within the University without the payment of postage according to University guidelines, see Mail Service (Procedure 11-2).
- Assigns all departmental box numbers.
- Processes IDT for postage use on USPS mail.
- Oversees the University Permit’s authorization with the USPS.
- Provides support to Vendors that provide mailing services for the University.
Classes of Mail
First Class Letters
Third Class Mail
Contact Mail Services
J.D. Wetsel Services Building, Suite 120
Arlington, Tx 76019
Ph: (817) 272-2794
Business Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Morning: 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Afternoon: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Each mail route has a specific mail carrier. It is our goal to provide both a professional and personal service. Please contact your mail carrier if you require and special services. You can locate you carrier by selecting the link above.
Mail Services can save you time and money on your mailings.
The United States Postal Service (USPS) offers significant discounts to large volume mailings and nonprofit organizations. These discounts apply to basically all types of mail.
By sending your mail through Mail Services, you can be sure that you will receive the lowest postage rate for your piece and the highest delivery percentage.
Qualifying for Discounts
To qualify for presorted mailing discounts, your mailpiece must meet certain guidelines set by the USPS. Generally speaking, your piece must meet size restrictions (length, width, and thickness), weight restrictions, and design/layout restrictions. A helpful tool for designing your mailpiece is the Business Mail 101 portion of the USPS website.
As a nonprofit organization, we are entitled to significant mailing discounts. A nonprofit mailpiece is essentially a standard mailpiece with a permit imprint indicia printed onto each piece.
To use permit imprint, Contact Mail Services, (817) 272-2794.