Workshops and Programs
This page lists all of the workshops and programs that are available for graduate students to help them with their academic and professional development. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a specific workshop that is not listed in any of these series.
To view a PDF of the our Spring 2019 Workshops and Programs brochure, click here. For more detailed information, please navigate through the series below.
Workshops and Programs to help you in Graduate School
- Communication Series: Do you want to strengthen your communication skills? Take at look at these workshops designed to help you become a better communicator!
Data and Digital Tools: Do you work with data? Do you want to reach a larger public with your scholarship? Click on this link to find workshops that introduce digital tools that will enhance your career.
- Graduation Resources: Are you planning to graduate soon? Take a look at the workshops and resources that are available to help you graduate on-time.
Dissertation Completion Resources: Working on your dissertation? Click on this link for all the resources that are designed to help you complete your doctoral degree.
Navigating Graduate School Series: Want to take the right steps to maneuver through graduate school successfully? Click on the link to see the workshops we offer that will help you learn the skills necessary to excel.
Online Workshops: Click on this link for online workshops that you can access at any time. This list is constantly being updated, so check back for new online workshops.
Thesis/Dissertation Series: Working on your thesis/dissertation and need some help with motivation, formatting, and/or writing? Click on the link to see the workshops we offer to help you through the final stage of your graduate education.
Career Workshops and Resources
Career Advancement Series: Interested in resources that will prepare you for your future? Click on this link to see the latest offerings of workshops and resources that help you advance in your academic and professional career.
Future Faculty Series: Current Graduate Teaching Assistants and graduate students seeking to improve their teaching skills will be exposed to best practices from experts in the field.
Online Career Resources: These resources are designed to help you explore career possibilities, find a career, apply for the position, and get the job. Click on the link to take advantage of these resources and all its benefits.
Research/Grant Workshops and Programs
- Dissertation Research Enhancement Grant - The purpose of this grant is to provide funding to support dissertation research of the highest quality. The funds are to be used in order to advance understanding, skills or provide resources that are not available through existing University assets. Proposed activities or resources must be directly related to a student’s dissertation.
- Funding Your Graduate Education - Visit this page to see a list of grants/scholarships available for graduate students.
- I Engage Program/Mentoring Workshops: This program provides funding to doctoral students in order to gain teaching and mentoring experience as a research mentor to a UT Arlington undergraduate. The program also includes a series of workshops that help graduate students learn how to mentor effectively. Click on the link for more information.
- Office of Graduate Studies Travel Grant - This grant is intended to support presentations at academic conferences requiring travel.
- Research/Grant Workshop Series - Are you interested in conducting original research? Want to find grants to apply for in order to fund your research? Click on the link for a series of workshops focused on research and grants.
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Institute: Led by the UT Arlington RCR Workgroup, the RCR Institute offers educational programming and a certification program to support the efforts by departmental and individual faculty members to provide RCR training to graduate and undergraduate students involved in research.
- UTA Graduate Studies Dissertation Fellowships - Departments may nominate eligible doctoral students for funding to support dissertation work.
Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning (CIRTL): a National Science Foundation program that focuses on doctoral students improving STEM undergraduate education with research principles. Click on the link for more information.