University Opens Lactation Rooms
Nursing moms on campus now have five lactation rooms to use. These rooms are designed to create a safe, quiet, and private place for nursing mothers to express milk during the workday.
The employee and her immediate supervisor should agree on the times for breaks needed for this purpose.
The rooms are furnished with a leather recliner, small table or countertop, clock, a door that locks, and a sink in the room or in the connecting women’s restroom. Locations are:
- E.H. Hereford University Center, Room 134 (behind Post Office)
- Fine Arts Building, Room 343A (Art Department section)
- Maverick Activities Center, Room 203A
- Pickard Hall, Room 222A (private lounge inside women’s restroom)
- Pickard Hall, Room 663A
- University Hall, Room 216A (private lounge inside women’s restroom)
For questions, contact Eunice Currie at 2-5554 or by email at HRAdministration@uta.edu.