Wellness News and Announcements
Join us on National Employee Health and Fitness Day at...
The Blazing Race! Join your fellow mavericks, Wednesday, May 15, for an hour and a half long event of wellness and Maverick spirit in which individuals or teams “race/walk” around the campus in competition with other Mavericks. There will be 2 routes, Low Impact and High Impact, participants will begin with clues to lead them to several destinations on campus. One race and a lot of Maverick WINNERS! FREE T-Shirts and Pedometers! Get Up! Get Out! Get Going!
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your team members, the name of your team, and Low Impact or High Impact path preference.
- Start time is 11:30am, meeting in the Northwest area of College Park Center (CPC). CPC is located on Spaniolo Dr.
- Race begins at 11:45am and ends at 1:15 pm
- Submit Release and Indemnification Agreement.
- Join your colleagues in a fun walk/run, enjoy the outdoors, visit new locations and show your Maverick Pride.
JOIN THE BLAZING RACE! AND GET CREDIT IN THE UT SYSTEM PHYSICAL ACTIVITY CHALLENGE
For more information on University Wellness programs and events, please visit the UT Arlington Wellness Webpage!
Announcing the new Living Well Health Platform powered by Provant!
The new Living Well Health Platform is now open! There is nothing more important than your health and well-being, especially when it comes to meeting your work and personal goals. Wellness is so important that we are launching a new platform to help you take an active role in the quality of your life and offering you a reward for taking charge. The Office of Employee Benefits has teamed up with Provant Health Solutions, an independent health and wellness company, to provide the new health platform to UT SELECT Medical plan members. Getting started is easy.
- Review the Welcome Brochure in English and Spanish
- Go to https://livingwell.provantonline.com
- Click on “Register New Account” and complete the registration. You will need your “Benefit ID or BID# to complete your registration. Go to http://bit.ly/utbid to retrieve your BID #.
- Submit your account
- Log in and complete your Health Assessment (under the Health heading)
- Enjoy your $25 gift card when you complete the Health Assessment and receive your annual preventive exam
The health assessment is a 15-minute, confidential survey that asks questions about your current health, diet, fitness, safety and lifestyle. If you have questions about creating an account, email email@example.com or call at 1-877-239-3557.
UT System Living Well: Stretch at Your Desk Video
Take a break from stress with Mindful Moments. Free. 12:15-12:45 p.m., Wednesdays, Room 219, Health Services Center. Health Services.
UT Arlington is tobacco-free
On August 1, 2011, The University of Texas at Arlington went to a tobacco-free campus.
In order to provide students, faculty, staff, and visitors with a healthy, welcoming learning environment, the University prohibits the use of all tobacco products—including cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and smokeless tobacco—on campus property at all times. Violators will be subject to penalties detailed in the tobacco-free policy.
For additional resources and free private coaching to assist in kicking the habit, please visit UCanQuit2.org!