Civil Engineering - BACHELOR'S (B.S.)
The Bachelor of Science in civil engineering program provides a strong foundation in science, mathematics, and engineering science; technical competence in multiple areas of civil engineering practice; and an understanding of the importance of ethics, safety, professionalism, and socioeconomic concerns in resolving technical problems through synthesis, planning, and design. Elements of design are introduced at the freshman level. This is followed by an analysis and design component in professional program courses, culminating in a comprehensive design experience.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Students will apply the knowledge and skills gained in the classroom in real-world settings through internships or co-ops and course projects, including the capstone project.
The 130-hour curriculum leads to a Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering. Transfer students may receive credit for courses listed in the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s Field of Study Curriculum.
- Admissions requirements and degree information in the University Catalog
- Degree curriculum
- Program accreditation
- Construction Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Transportation Engineer
- Urban Planning Engineer
- Water Resource Engineer
- Consulting Civil Engineer
- Contracting Civil Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Site Engineer
- Sustainability Consultant
- Building Service Engineer
- Construction Manager
- Public Health Engineer
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, on-campus
- B.S. to M.S. in Civil Engineering Fast-Track program, on-campus
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Benefit from a well-designed curriculum that balances coursework and practical skills
- Collaborate with students from different engineering disciplines on a capstone project
- Engage in cutting-edge research projects that are funded by university, industry, and government agencies
- Learn from well-established faculty who work closely with industry
- Excellent job opportunities in DFW
Take the next step toward investing in yourself by learning more about our Civil Engineering - Bachelor's (B.S.) program.