UTA is proud to offer the Blaze Forward Program (BFP) starting with the 2022-2023 academic school year. Please note, the deadline for the 2022-23 aid year has passed. The deadline to be eligible for consideration for Blaze Forward was April 18, 2022.
The deadline to be considered for the Blaze Forward Program for the 2023-24 aid year will be February 14, 2023.
Undergraduate students who meet all eligibility requirements and deadlines detailed below will be offered a combination of grants and other gift aid* that will cover 100% of their tuition and mandatory fees for the fall 2022 and spring 2023 semesters**.
*May include federal, state, and institutional grants, as well as tuition waivers and general UTA scholarships.
**Average tuition and mandatory fees is $12,200 for the fall 2022 and spring 2023 semesters.
2022-2023 Program Eligibility Requirements:
- New freshmen students - all admission documents must be received by the UTA Office of Admissions by April 18, 2022
- New transfer students with an Associate’s degree from a Texas college - all admission documents must be received by the UTA Office of Admissions by April 18, 2022
- Current student receiving the TEXAS Grant during the 2021-2022 aid year and meet all renewal requirements
- All financial aid forms, including the FAFSA or TASFA application, must be received by the Office of Financial Aid by April 18, 2022
- Be a Texas resident paying the in-state tuition rate
- Be eligible to receive awards through the Federal Pell Grant and the TEXAS Grant* programs
- Have a yearly family income of $85,000 or less
- Enroll as a full-time student at UTA (minimum of 12 undergraduate hours each long semester)
*a full list of TEXAS Grant requirements may be found at https://www.uta.edu/administration/fao/grants/texas-grants
Program Renewal Requirements:
The Blaze Forward Program may be renewed for up to 4 years (8 long semesters), or upon graduation if sooner than the 4-year renewal window, when recipients:
- Continue to meet all eligibility requirements and deadlines each year
- Maintain a cumulative 2.5 grade point average
- Complete at least 24 credit hours each year for the fall and spring semesters combined
Click on the image below for additional information for the Blaze Forward Program for the upcoming 2023-2024 aid year:
If you have any questions regarding the Blaze Forward program, please contact the UTA Office of Financial Aid.