The Blaze Forward Program for the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters is now closed. All funding has disbursed.
Using a combination of grants, and other gift aid, the Blaze Forward Program provides students meeting all eligibility requirements with funding that will cover 100% of their tuition and course fees for the fall 2023 and spring 2024 semesters†.
*Funding may include federal, state, and institutional grants, as well as tuition waivers and general UTA scholarships.
†Average tuition and course fees is $12,200 for the fall 2022 and spring 2023 semesters. (Average tuition and course fees for the fall 2023 and spring 2024 semesters will be updated in spring 2023.)
The deadline to be considered for the Blaze Forward Program for the 2023-24 aid year will be February 14, 2023.
2023-2024 Program Eligibility Requirements
Submit Admissions Documents:
- New freshmen students - all admission documents must be received by the UTA Office of Admissions by February 14, 2023
- New transfer students with an Associate’s degree from a Texas college - all admission documents must be received by the UTA Office of Admissions by February 14, 2023
- Current student receiving the TEXAS Grant during the 2022-2023 aid year and meet all renewal requirements
Submit Financial Aid Forms:
- All financial aid forms, including the FAFSA or TASFA application, must be received by the Office of Financial Aid by February 14, 2023
- For timely processing, it is strongly recommended that students who have Social Security numbers (SSN) include the SSN on the admission application as it is needed to link the FAFSA to your UTA record and load onto our system. Providing your SSN will ensure that information moves through our processes without delays.
Meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a Texas resident paying the in-state tuition rate
- Be eligible to receive awards through the Federal Pell Grant and the TEXAS Grant* programs
- Have a yearly family income of $85,000 or less
- Enroll as a full-time student at UTA (minimum of 12 undergraduate hours each long semester)
*a full list of TEXAS Grant requirements may be found at https://www.uta.edu/administration/fao/grants/texas-grants
For students who do not meet all eligibility criteria or who miss submission deadlines: The Blaze Forward Program is one of many financial assistance programs offered at UTA. We encourage students to submit their FAFSA/TAFSA and check out Mav ScholarShop for additional opportunities.
Program Renewal Requirements:
The Blaze Forward Program may be renewed for up to 4 years (8 long semesters), or upon graduation if sooner than the 4-year renewal window, when recipients:
- Continue to meet all eligibility requirements and deadlines each year
- Maintain a cumulative 2.5 grade point average
- Complete at least 24 credit hours each year for the fall and spring semesters combined
If you have any questions regarding the Blaze Forward program, please contact the UTA Office of Financial Aid.