University Administration Building, Rooms 201 & 252
701 S. Nedderman Drive • Arlington, TX 76019
Information on the renewal requirements for merit-based scholarships offered to incoming freshmen and transfer students can be found in the table below and was included with the initial scholarship offer communication. There are several minimum requirements that are common to all merit-based scholarships.
- Only hours taken and successfully completed at UTA will be counted towards the annual scholarship requirements. Hours earned from concurrent enrollment at another institution do not count towards the full-time enrollment requirement each semester or the towards the scholarship renewal requirement.
- Full-time enrollment (12 or more UTA hours) is required each fall and spring semester for the duration of the scholarship. Funds will not be released at less than full-time enrollment. It is important to note that the minimum hours of full-time enrollment may not be enough to meet the annual renewal requirements for the scholarship. Please refer to the hour requirement for renewal of the scholarship in the chart below.
- A minimum cumulative GPA must be maintained for renewal. Please refer to the annual minimum GPA requirement for renewal of the scholarship in the chart below.
- The academic year counted for the purpose of scholarship renewal begins in the fall and is completed at the end of the summer semester.
- Students are reviewed at the end of the spring semester for renewal. If renewal requirements are not met at that time, then students have the option to take summer classes at UTA to meet the renewal requirements.
- Annual minimum scholarship renewal requirements must be met by the end of summer. Failure to meet the renewal requirements at that time will result in the termination of the scholarship.
- Students in their final, graduating semester may enroll in less than full-time enrollment for that semester. The amount of the scholarship received in the final semester is based upon enrollment. The amount of the scholarship will be prorated to reflect the student’s enrollment.
RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
|Scholarship Name||Minimum Enrollment (Fall/Spring)||UTA Hours Completed Annually (Fall/Spring/Summer)||Cumulative UTA GPA|
|UTA National Merit Scholarship||Full-time = 12 UTA hours||30||3.00|
|Presidential Honors Scholarship||Full-time = 12 UTA hours||30||3.00|
|Presidential Scholarship||Full-time = 12 UTA hours||30||3.00|
|Maverick Academic Scholarship||Full-time = 12 UTA hours||30||3.00|
|Maverick Recognition Scholarship||Full-time = 12 UTA hours||30||3.00|
|Blaze's Student Success Scholarship||Full-time = 12 UTA hours||30||3.00|
|Outstanding Transfer Scholarship||Full-time = 12 UTA hours||24||3.00|
|Transfer Scholarship||Full-time = 12 UTA hours||24||3.00|
|Transfer Success Scholarship||Full-time = 12 UTA hours||24||3.00|
|Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship||Full-time = 12 UTA hours||24||3.00|
|Blaze's Transfer Scholarship||Full-time = 12 UTA hours||24||3.00|
Scholarship Appeal Form
Students that have experienced extenuating circumstances that have prevented them from successfully completing the scholarship renewal requirements have the option to submit a scholarship appeal to the Scholarship Committee for review. Please visit the Scholarship Appeal Process page to find out more about this process and to submit an appeal.
For additional questions about scholarship renewal requirements, please contact the Scholarships Office at 817-272-2197 or email email@example.com.